Luggage photo

CruiseVA

Obviously I don't need my regular carryon for a 5 night cruise (pack 3, wear 1 separates outfit). I intended to take the gray backpack on the right but the reusable grocery bag has everything I will take (I've not used it b4). Do I take a 1/2 empty backpack or just like I have it packed? I really don't need much for a warm weather cruise. I haven't done a short trip since leaving Gov't job so I no longer own a mini suitcase 20191006_170505.thumb.jpg.1fbec883f4f626fc16025948515b7f0c.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, they would need the grand suite for all that luggage... LOL

We did stay at one very nice, high end place in Australia, and one couple from Zurich, flew in, in their plane and had a second plane for luggage.

Since we don't fly to go cruising, it is generally two suitcases and on longer ones, sometimes a extra, small suitcase.

Actually we wouldn't have enough clothes to fill all the cases.... ( ahhh need to add 2 to 3 kitchen sinks  )

Cheers Don

• Haha 1

i'm well impressed with your spare packing.  i do not have that ability.  i do tend to wear almost everything i bring though.  i've already put aside everything i want to bring for outerwear, i haven't yet packed underthings and bathroom supplies.

On 9/26/2019 at 3:24 PM, CruiseVA said:

In reality, I used a carry-on and a backpack for our last 13 day cruise. Backpack for the electronics & CPAP, rollaboard/carryon for clothes. Mix & match, wash and hang is my game (balconies are handy for that).

Please tell me that you do not really hang clothes to dry on your balcony!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruiseVA said:

Don't hang them on the balconies - we hang them on the deck chairs on the balconies - yet, thanks for the idea. 🙂

The underwear I referred to wasn't hanging on the railing of the balcony. In both cases it was hanging on a little line strung between chairs on the balcony.

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The underwear I referred to wasn't hanging on the railing of the balcony. In both cases it was hanging on a little line strung between chairs on the balcony.

So, what's the issue? I'm guessing they are 'viewable' by someone other than the owners? Our's are close to the doors so they aren't seen, and, wont' get blown away  Besides, I did not mention underwear, not that it matters! It's t-shirts & shorts! 🙂

Edited by CruiseVA