Sports Bar food charge

Marie50

1 hour ago, citizenfrank said:

Free on NCL!

And 24hr 👌

I love NCL hot buffalo wings 😋

Out of interest, I know you were on the Fantasia recently, what is the food situation in her sports bar, we sail in a few weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

I love NCL hot buffalo wings 😋

Out of interest, I know you were on the Fantasia recently, what is the food situation in her sports bar, we sail in a few weeks.

About a year ago yes. Pay to eat in sports bar, but a lovely location including catching the game we were missing at home! Complementary offerings in the wine bar at the back of the shop above one of the MDR's...Tapas and very tasty. Popular pre-dinner location with a nice vibe.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

About a year ago yes. Pay to eat in sports bar, but a lovely location including catching the game we were missing at home! Complementary offerings in the wine bar at the back of the shop above one of the MDR's...Tapas and very tasty. Popular pre-dinner location with a nice vibe.

Thanks Frank, very helpful.

15 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Food in the Sports Bar never was free except some US sailings I guess. Actually it was not a question of free or not, there was no food option at all. In all my MSC cruises over the years I used the Sport Bars quite often, but never saw anyone eating something. But I like the menu posted above, would be nice if MSC would roll it out.

I've been on Divina twice, sailing from the US, and food in the Sports Bar was free both times.  They used to have sandwiches and mozz sticks.  Both were truly awful.  The wings are fine.  I wouldn't pay extra for any of it 

4 hours ago, citizenfrank said:

Free on NCL!

And 24hr 👌

DH loves O'Sheehans! It is one of the things that NCL does better than all the other lines. Free, 24 hour, cooked to order~ sit down diner type restaurant that turns into Breakfast in the morning and has dinner specials like prime rib and bbq ribs in the evening. I am surprised the concept hasn't been copied by other lines because O'Sheehans is so popular. The sports bar on MSC would be a perfect venue and I suspect it would make MSC a more popular choice with North Americans. 

• Like 2

We have been on the Divina three times and Sports Bar food has been free. And we have thoroughly enjoyed it. The “MSC Burger” was great along with anything else we ordered. Husband enjoys the wings. We did find on our most recent Divina sailing that portions were smaller so if we had a meal there we ordered several and various dishes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

DH loves O'Sheehans! It is one of the things that NCL does better than all the other lines. Free, 24 hour, cooked to order~ sit down diner type restaurant that turns into Breakfast in the morning and has dinner specials like prime rib and bbq ribs in the evening. I am surprised the concept hasn't been copied by other lines because O'Sheehans is so popular. The sports bar on MSC would be a perfect venue and I suspect it would make MSC a more popular choice with North Americans. 

Absolutely spot on.

It is a wonderful concept and as such very popular as you suggest.

It is genuinely 24hours and that is great.... 4am wingfest before bed, it's a great opportunity that no other line has to my knowledge and most of the offerings from there are pretty good.

Like that NYC cheesecake with caramel sauce!

Certainly in the sports bars on the newer MSC ships it would be a storm and of course being popular it eases footfall in other dining establishments aboard.

The North American market is perfect for it ...but I'm biased!  

• Like 1

Another vote for O'Sheehans. Sure, service can be hit and miss, and it can be crowded, but when the food does come, it really hits the spot!

I also didn't mind the Blue Lagoon on the older ships, same type of food, just a diner-style setting rather than a pub.

The opening hours for the Sports Bar on Preziosa were weird, and as much as I wanted to sample some of the food, didn't do so because it didn't open before 1700 a lot of the time. I would have liked it as an alternative to lunch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain-John said:

Another vote for O'Sheehans. Sure, service can be hit and miss, and it can be crowded, but when the food does come, it really hits the spot!

I also didn't mind the Blue Lagoon on the older ships, same type of food, just a diner-style setting rather than a pub.

The opening hours for the Sports Bar on Preziosa were weird, and as much as I wanted to sample some of the food, didn't do so because it didn't open before 1700 a lot of the time. I would have liked it as an alternative to lunch.

Blue Lagoon 👌

Agree regarding opening times, on Seaview this year the sports bar opened about 5pm too.

• Like 1