Meraviglia Art Auctions for US Sailings?

optimusprime82

Does anyone know if MSC has contracted an art dealer for the Meraviglia's US sailings this fall and winter? I called Park West last week and they didn't think they were going to be onboard for the 10/28/19 repositioning cruise from NYC to Miami. I don't recall which company held the auctions onboard the Divina in 2017 but I remember them saying that MSC didn't do much with art auctions since that's an "American tradition." Park West is the auction company onboard the Seaside and I don't think they're on the Divina right now either.

Park West emails me weekly about registering for our next cruise to get a "free art work" and a bonus bid credit which I can't take advantage of since it doesn't sound like the Meraviglia will be hosting them. We look forward to the auctions even though we rarely go home with any art over $100 but it's still a bit of extra culture... and no, it's not about the free champagne.

It is an American tradition for US cruisers to get suckered into onboard art auctions where the value is highly inflated and the art is not an original but a giclee. I hope all cruise lines get rid of Park West and all of their crap  off of cruise ships ........ 

• Like 2