Post cruise minibar charges

mickrory

2 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Emptying the refrigerator does zilch.  I don't even understand why people think that's a solution.  Those emptied contents go in a bag somewhere (often under the bed or on the shelf) and then get put right back.  If something was missing before, it will be missing again and will be charged to the person last occupying the room.

I have seen this in my room when I asked to have them removed and put under the bed.

But I believe that once chilled and then allowed to warm and chilled again, it changes the experience of consuming. Say a beer, especially if done repeatedly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike981 said:

I have seen this in my room when I asked to have them removed and put under the bed.

But I believe that once chilled and then allowed to warm and chilled again, it changes the experience of consuming. Say a beer, especially if done repeatedly.

Another reason to never purchase anything from the stateroom mini bar. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Langley Cruisers said:

That has never been our experience.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if we were just "victims" of super organized cabin stewards getting ahead of turn-around day. I think it's unlikely since this took place on all different ships. Definitely after the last night's turn down service we've noticed that the mini bar has been locked. Strange that it's not the same for everyone, but after the first time we saw it happen (noticed) I've  made a point to note it on all of our subsequent cruises and it's  been the same. I'm not saying others are wrong, but I'm absolutely certain about our experience.

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

Now I'm beginning to wonder if we were just "victims" of super organized cabin stewards getting ahead of turn-around day....

Hmm, interesting for sure. It certainly would be expedient to do it this way across the board, though - would make the accounts easier to finalize, probably. 😊