North Star Reservations

pthjudy

We booked our Anthem cruise later than usual. I was able to book show reservations but North Star And I Fly are not available, and it says to book onboard. Might North Star (what I’m interested in) become available online once again or have I lost the window of opportunity? Where would I go to book once onboard? I have been on Anthem so do have some familiarity. 

1 hour ago, pthjudy said:

We booked our Anthem cruise later than usual. I was able to book show reservations but North Star And I Fly are not available, and it says to book onboard. Might North Star (what I’m interested in) become available online once again or have I lost the window of opportunity? Where would I go to book once onboard? I have been on Anthem so do have some familiarity. 

There were 5 of us who sailed the Anthem. One had reserved a time on the North Star before the cruise. Once onboard we all decided to do it and we got a reservation without a problem. She had to change her day/time so we could all ride together, but it wasn't a problem once onboard. I didn't make the arrangements so I can't tell you where to go once onboard.

4 hours ago, pthjudy said:

We registered onboard at guest services through a kiosk.  Had to break up the group but we all got in.  At the two times we has reservations, no one was accepted as a standby.  There was also a charge for no-shows.

Edited by billslowsky

Both NorthStar and especially iFly sell out quickly.  Book your times as soon as you embark. 

For NorthStar, pick a time just before leaving port. While the ship is at sea, the view not as interesting. And on our Anthem cruise, the first sea day was foggy much of the day, so the view was even less interesting as the ball ascended into the clouds. 

Does anyone know if they allow multiple “rides” on iFly? I’m going in anthem in January so I’m hoping maybe things will be a bit lighter then. 

I think what I remember from my past cruise was they only allow 1 reservation per person but you can check in about cancellations and maybe get on more than once? Is that still the case? 

thank you!

7 hours ago, ryanbarckley said:

I think what I remember from my past cruise was they only allow 1 reservation per person but you can check in about cancellations and maybe get on more than once? Is that still the case? 

This sorta depends on the staff - some do and some don't. The app only lets you reserve once.

2 hours ago, sellwingri said:

I’m on Anthem in November and it’s my first time on this class of ship so I’m looking forward to this cruise.  I’ve read that it’s better to try the North Star while in port versus at sea.  Any thoughts?

More interesting views while at port compared to large expanse of open water on a sea day. Here are pictures from the North Star while leaving port  (on standby) and another on a sea day (with reservation). Great experience either way.

46D4D13B-E4BF-44B3-A1A4-79E887A1E5E5.jpeg

D109C6D7-3DCF-4017-8FDE-BEE8D9E5F6B3.jpeg

Edited by Lv2sail_18
Uploaded pictures

If it's important to you, make it your priority as soon as you board.  Our last Anthem cruise, it sold pre-embarkation and a lot of the people trying to get on board reservations weren't successful.  I got to do it but honestly, I wasn't impressed.  It was neat but I wouldn't have wasted time at embarkation trying to book it. Especially since that's prime fight for a seat in the Windjammer time.  Hahaha.  Good luck!