How is deck 7 on Independence of the Seas?

16 minutes ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

Is it isolated from sound well? I understand it’s in between the atrium and the lido deck quite equally. We’re also in a corner aft so hopefully no sex noises through the thin walls, far away from most cabins.

We have found it to be surprisingly quite noisy from the Promenade.....we will try to stay away from deck 6 + 7 from now on...

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

Is it isolated from sound well? I understand it’s in between the atrium and the lido deck quite equally. We’re also in a corner aft so hopefully no sex noises through the thin walls, far away from most cabins.

Do you mean is it well insulated? Like can't hear thru walls of surrounding cabins?

Edited by MamaTene

29 minutes ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

There is no such thing as an Atrium deck or a Lido deck on Independence 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

We have had cabins 7634 and 7632 on 2 of our last 3 Independence cruises and never had any problems whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

If you mean 7708 or 7408, you have one of the, if not THE, best balconies on the ship.

There will be "sex noises" through the wall if your neighbors are very loud. 

Really?

Yours posts are making me SMH.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MamaTene said:

Thanks Merion_Mom for saying what many of us have been thinking! I wonder if one of her kids have taken over the account and is posting this nonsense rubbish

Yeah, once I saw the second highly controversial thread, I started to get suspicious. 

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you mean 7708 or 7408, you have one of the, if not THE, best balconies on the ship.

There will be "sex noises" through the wall if your neighbors are very loud. 

Really?

Yours posts are making me SMH.

Just some lighthearted fun thrown into some genuine questions

• Like 1

The continuing 'looking down ones nose' at posters on this site is really beginning to spoil what cruise critic is all about!

This poster, I guess is a new if not fairly new cruiser and in my opinion (takes a chance with that as it appears that opinions have to be checked out and agreed with - time will tell!) is trying to tie up all loose ends so to speak!

I don't have an issue with the 'noise' question! I've done a decade plus of cruising and have heard ' amorous ' noise from adjacent cabins more than once! Maybe this poster is travelling with children and the apparent secluded location of their cabin has been chosen to protect their children from that, and maybe the questioning, embarrassment that could occur! 

Yeah maybe one or two of their posts may have been better solved by reading through historical posts a bit more, but all regulars on here know too well that the same subjects pop up at least once a week, but to be fair to the poster, why should they not post a question - how ridiculous that may be to a serious cruiser is IRRELEVANT!

It's been said before by posters that the cruising industry is changing and is a world apart from what it was a decade ago!

But some of the 'barks' back at posters sometimes indicates a nationality issue within the thread! Royal Caribbean isn't an American/Canadian/British or for that matter any other countries cruise line - it's customers are world wide and like it or not, we are all different to each other and for one, I prefer that aspect within RCCL to other cruise lines that specifically cater for cruisers from a single country as a whole!

There'a a saying about opinions - they're like something we all have! So because one person has an opinion on something then it doesn't necessarily means it's wrong! There's a LOT to be learnt by everyone on this site, I've learnt from it, utilised that information AND passed it on to others - this is what it should be about!

To berate someone for an idea/belief/theory/desire or question they've asked is simply smacks of - " It's my way or the highway' 

I suggested to this poster only yesterday that it's the same usernames that pop up to inflict their view on what they've asked, but usually it's in a venomous way as they obviously know better! Yeah as said earlier. maybe their innocence in cruising shows up massively, but we must all take that into account and stop acting like the proverbial headteacher and let them learn by their mistakes or 'point' them in the right direction on what's deemed acceptable on board when we're all mixing together!

Rules are rules - but I can't think of one that hasn't been broken at some point or changed due to the demographic of the cruiser - Formal Dress is the first one the jumps to mind! But as a regular DJ wearer I've never got upset about it, the next man to me at dinner has paid for his cruise, no one else did, so in my book he can conduct himself as he likes!

Please everyone - the life as a cruiser is idyllic - there's no reason to look down on someone or fall out!

HAPPY Cruising  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1