Non refundable deposit question

Earthworm Jim

4 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I think you may be right, if it's said in the context of the booking. But what I'm talking about is in the context of the deposit, as in "non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit." As usual, I didn't make that clear.

If it is mentioned on the FCD, I would think the non-transferable means you can't buy it on the ship under your name and then later on transfer it to a friend or family member for them to use instead. At least that is my understanding.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If it is mentioned on the FCD, I would think the non-transferable means you can't buy it on the ship under your name and then later on transfer it to a friend or family member for them to use instead. At least that is my understanding.

Hmm. I wasn't talking about booking a cruise using an FCD. FCD doesn't enter into what I said. I was meaning booking a cruise where the deposit is specified as being non-transferrable, non-refundable. I would take that to mean that you can't get a refund if you cancel, and you can't transfer that deposit over to a new booking. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:
7 hours ago, dog said:

But that's the issue in a nut shell. It seems in order to find out what the Princess rules are "at the time of the booking" associated with a nonrefundable deposit with or without a FCD, you have to first book the cruise.

You can ask the rules before you book the cruise. I don't really like calling, but when I do I get better service, better prices and sometimes exceptions to the rules  are extended to me as a courtesy.

37 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

21 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Doesn't "non-transferable" mean you cannot transfer the booking to someone else?

That makes sense, however, I thought it could mean you cannot transfer a NRD to another cruise.

Maybe someone will call Princess and see how many interpretations they have for non transferable.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dog said:

That makes sense, however, I thought it could mean you cannot transfer a NRD to another cruise.

Sea Hag is correct. I misread her statement and somehow pictured a FCD in there somewhere when a made my reply, which she subsequently pointed out. Getting old is tough!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dog said:

You can ask the rules before you book the cruise. I don't really like calling, but when I do I get better service, better prices and sometimes exceptions to the rules  are extended to me as a courtesy.

No, I think we'll keep booking our cruises with refundable deposits and avoid the drama.

Princess pop up

Non Refundable Deposit

************** IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS BOOKING ******************* The deposit for the fare you have selected is 100% non-refundable and non-transferable.
Upon payment, no portion of the deposit is refundable for any reason.
Please be advised this selected special promotion is not combinable with other discounts nor combinable with Princess eZAir discounts.
See the Booking Confirmation and Travel Summary for complete Terms & Conditions of this promotion.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Princess pop up

Non Refundable Deposit

************** IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS BOOKING ******************* The deposit for the fare you have selected is 100% non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please be advised this selected special promotion is not combinable with other discounts nor combinable with Princess eZAir discounts.
See the Booking Confirmation and Travel Summary for complete Terms & Conditions of this promotion.

Thanks voljeep.

21 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Princess pop up

Non Refundable Deposit

This reads like the T/C of a last minute "special deal" booking offer I read the other day when I was fake booking a cruise that sailed within a month or two rather than one that is scheduled to sail 6-18 months out and well before the final payment due date has been reached. Am I correct?

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

This reads like the T/C of a last minute "special deal" booking offer I read the other day when I was fake booking a cruise that sailed within a month or two rather than one that is scheduled to sail 6-18 months out and well before the final payment due date has been reached. Am I correct?

Getaway promotion ... 12/4 cruise date ... SKY

• Like 1

Is it just me or do all of the cruises now on the Princess web site include a "refundable deposit" rate when booking online IF (1) they are not designated as a last minute "special deal" cruise or (2) the cruise as not yet past the final payment due date?

Last week I did fake bookings on all 7 of our cruises and the ones within the "3 For Free" range, now through the spring of 2021, were offered at the nonrefundable deposit rate when I tried to fake book each one up to the point of seeing the "What's Included" banner. To get a refundable deposit rate you had to call Princess or your TA and pay a "little extra", which we always did.

Now, all of the sudden as of today, all of our applicable bookings are now available online with the REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT designation, BUT at the nonrefundable deposit rate posted as of last week. So, if you are like us and booked at the refundable deposit rate awhile back and paid that "little extra", you should theoretically be able to refare those applicable booking(s) back down to the lower rate if they have otherwise not gone up since then as it doesn't seem Princess has made the accounting adjustment to remove that "little extra" from our bookings.

But, I could be mistaken. I have a call into my TA to find out if Princess has made some sneaky online change because all of the heat they were getting when folks would book cruises online and only being offered the nonrefundable deposit rates.

On 9/28/2019 at 7:20 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

If you have a non-refundable deposit booking and then a better offer comes along (before final payment), if you took the new deal would you lose your deposit?

I'm guessing yes.

You should call princess reservations and talk to someone. I called the person that emails me and spoke with him. He was able to book the cruise I had on hold with a refundable, when online it said non refundable. That way, we can keep an eye out for 2020 and 2021 (we were not 100% sold on going next year) deals and location dates. 

I was going to book a non refundable with my 2 future cruise credits, and he said I would lost them both if we had to cancel had we booked the non refundable code. Hope that helps