Bring Bottle of Wine to Dining Room

As stevea36 said, the fee is rarely charged, especially if you bring the bottle down already open and have a glass pre-poured. Now, if they are putting your glass on ice, opening it, and pouring it for you, you may be charged.

I’ve yet to hear of anyone actually being charged although they very well might enforce the rule at any time. BTW, the actual act of removing the cork has absolutely nothing to do with the corkage fee (look it up). 

21 minutes ago, gerif said:

BTW, the actual act of removing the cork has absolutely nothing to do with the corkage fee (look it up). 

Absolutely correct. I have had people

over the years argue this point with me. “Corkage” fee is nothing more than a revenue generator to recoup loss incurred by not selling the wine. 

21 hours ago, gerif said:

I’ve yet to hear of anyone actually being charged although they very well might enforce the rule at any time. BTW, the actual act of removing the cork has absolutely nothing to do with the corkage fee (look it up). 

*raises hand*  me.  we have been charged every time.  not even being Suite dwellers has made a difference.   I guess we are just pushovers  since we never  raise a fuss over it.  last time we brought a corkscrew to open in our cabin  he broke it off in the cork and that was that.   we brought it home  to manhandle it open.