Which specialty restaurant to celebrate birthday? And a couple more questions.

dcsam

We'll be able to book our specialty restaurants in a couple more weeks.  We're traveling with two other couples.  Which specialty restaurant has a more festive atmosphere to celebrate a milestone birthday?  

Also, exactly how do we book a table with two other couples? I've tried the CruiseCritic search mode, but haven't had much success.  

Anybody have a spa menu for the Riviera? If my husband books a massage, does that give him access to the front pool area too (before or after the massage)? 

Thank you!

when you log in to book the reservations  click NO for sharing 

click on the restaurant & time  for your cabin

then invite guests  have the booking numbers & surnames for the other couples  you want to join you

If that fails  call Oceania and get them to book the table for all of you

Not sure any of them are festive ..pick the cuisine you want

Yes if you book a spa treatment you have access to the spa deck usually for 1 hour before or after the treatment

check with the spa manager  so your card will be activated for the door leading out there

Click on the link for the spa menu

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/wellness/

Personally, for "festive" I would probably select Toscana.  I feel it has a more relaxed atmosphere. I find Jacques a bit stuffy.  But LHT is right, go with the cuisine you enjoy the most. 

I agree with Lyn as well ... WE would probably pick Jacques since that's our favorite specialty (and we don't find it at all stuffy 🙂) but as we often say:  to each his/her own.

Any of the specialties serves wonderful food so pick the cuisine you want ...as Lyn also said!

The question you've asked is really the same as another that often appears here:  which specialty restaurant do you like the best?  Some will say Jacques as I did and Sny did not!  Others will say Polo or Toscana.  And very many will say Red Ginger, which would be our LAST choice.

Look at the menus if you can to decide.

In Polo my favorite is the prime rib, King's cut as rare as I can get it (because I like it bone-in, not because I can ever finish it).  In Toscana I like the veal chop.  In Jacques I like lots of things ... and even I manage to find something in RG that I will like.  (I just like Szechuan food better than Asian fusion, which is the only reason we are somewhat negative on this venue.)

As I said, we all have different faves.

Have fun making your choice.  Lyn gave you the proper rundown for booking with others.  Booking numbers are essential.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dcsam said:

Thank you.  Any way to view the cost of various massage?

If you click on the link above  then click on More than a spa

you can download the menu with prices attached

Privee!  It does carry a fee of $250 (for the entire room, entire evening) but the atmosphere and attentive service is memorable. Privee offers the menus of Polo & Toscana so there is more than enough to choose from.  Add some champagne/wine - perfection!  We celebrated our 40th anniversary there with our sons and their wives.  Memories for a lifetime!  

Another option is La Reserve.  Also a beautiful venue and fabulous evening.  But you will share the room with others and the fee will be per person. 

It is not difficult to add others with your reservations.  You will need their booking numbers and enter them at the time you make reservations.  

Have a wonderful cruise and Happy Birthday!

-Katie

IF you should choose Privee, have your TA contact Oceania in advance to advise them of the milestone.  Chefs will make it special.  😉   For our anniversary our DIL's spoke with concierge (I think) and had our stateroom decorated while we were at dinner.  

Whatever you choose, ENJOY!

-Katie

14 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Wow!  That's a good deal.  We have book the Chef's Table on NCL several times for $75 and $90 pp.  Max number of guest at the dinner is 12 and they only offer it one night out of a 7-night cruise and twice on the longer cruises.

48 minutes ago, Traveling Fools said:

Wow!  That's a good deal.  We have book the Chef's Table on NCL several times for $75 and $90 pp.  Max number of guest at the dinner is 12 and they only offer it one night out of a 7-night cruise and twice on the longer cruises.

Well not sure it is like the Chef's table  (have not done that)

You get the room & dinner service from Polo & Toscana

drinks extra (unless you have a package)

If you want a special meal with wine pairing try La Reserve

Another vote for Privee - particularly if it’s a special occasion.

You won’t have to share the space with many others like in a specialty restaurant, you’ll have a choice of food from 2 different specialties, very attentive and personalized service for your party alone and it can be paid for with OBC.

• Like 1

BTW you can book Privee even before your scheduled booking time for specialties.  If you have a specific night in mind, you (or your TA) can secure the booking online as soon as if appears.  We booked Privee 2 months before our level opened for the other specialties.  

Oops.  Just gave away our "insider tip"!

Edited by KatieBelle
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2019 at 12:14 PM, LHT28 said:

Well not sure it is like the Chef's table  (have not done that)

You get the room & dinner service from Polo & Toscana

drinks extra (unless you have a package)

If you want a special meal with wine pairing try La Reserve

Understand, but as Stand Jim said having the availability of reserving a venue for a private dinner party for amount is great!  

8 minutes ago, Traveling Fools said:

Understand, but as Stand Jim said having the availability of reserving a venue for a private dinner party for amount is great!  

I agree  it is  a nice spot 

just clarifying  it is not  a special menu like  I am guessing  the Chef's Table is on other lines