Bad example set br P & O officials

Tablelamp

28 minutes ago, Ataraxia said:

I just have a thing about people making up laws to suit their argument.

I have a thing about people twisting what was said. I said it was illegal to smoke in a restaurant and P&O policy will be clearly explained to all staff and contractors. Part of that will be about vaping in restaurants which is not allowed and which any person who has any respect or consideration for other people would not contemplate doing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dgs1956 said:

I have a thing about people twisting what was said. I said it was illegal to smoke in a restaurant and P&O policy will be clearly explained to all staff and contractors. Part of that will be about vaping in restaurants which is not allowed and which any person who has any respect or consideration for other people would not contemplate doing.

Well said.

• Like 1

Shore Officials ? how do you know ( OP)  that they were  officials ? They could have been anyone who had a visitors pass. Either way, vaping is not permitted on board P&O in public areas. Sounds more like they were day visitors. Nothing at all to do with P&O officials.  

15 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Either way, vaping is not permitted on board P&O in public areas

As a non smoker, I think I am right in saying that vaping/smoking is permitted in designated public areas.  For those who haven't cruised there are 2/3 areas where smoking or vaping is permitted, these are public areas.  These are outside areas and not internal.  P & O rules forbid smoking/vaping in your room or on your balcony.

Should you decide to flout those rules, in extreme you could be removed from the ship.  The last time I looked, Cunard still had an internal "Cigar bar".  The choice of smoking policy is made by the cruise line as a commercial decision, not in adherence to U.K. law.

Vaping does not currently come under Government "smoke free" legislation.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

While it's mildly frustrating, I wouldn't let it bother me in the slightest. There will always be people who are going to be inconsiderate, even after you might challenge them, so I'd probably joke they were southerners 😏 and crack on.

Are you saying us Southerners are inconsiderate... I always stay seated on the train or bus allowing the old person to stretch their legs... 

See, considerate 😊

Andy 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

While it's mildly frustrating, I wouldn't let it bother me in the slightest. There will always be people who are going to be inconsiderate, even after you might challenge them, so I'd probably joke they were southerners 😏 and crack on.

Ignorant of the rules puffed up with their own importance Yorkshiremen surly 

34 minutes ago, brillo said:

Ignorant of the rules puffed up with their own importance Yorkshiremen surly 

Didn't you know Brillo that Yorkshiremen are excused obeying rules, which of course are for the guidance of we wise men, but the observance of fools.:classic_rolleyes:

I think the point is that these people knew they were doing wrong as they were asked to stop but re-started after a few minutes. Whether or not they knew the law or knew the rules on P&O prior to this is irrelevant because it was made clear to them it was not allowed. Some people just can't help themselves.  It's all part of the me, me, me culture. 

A lot of ships have smoking areas at the back,even close to the buffet,which I disagree with.I think even nonsmokers have started vaping now.It would be OK if it didn't produce a vast smokescreen.I might start a trend and carry a hubblebubble pipe on my back and see what happens.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, brian1 said:

A lot of ships have smoking areas at the back,even close to the buffet,which I disagree with.I think even nonsmokers have started vaping now.It would be OK if it didn't produce a vast smokescreen.I might start a trend and carry a hubblebubble pipe on my back and see what happens.

No, you’ve got me there. Absolutely no idea. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

No, you’ve got me there. Absolutely no idea. 🤷‍♂️

That's not me on the right,I'm out of shot waiting for my turn.You Northern guys have never lived man.

Screenshot_2019-10-06 hubble bubble pipe - Google Search.png

Screenshot_2019-10-06 hubble bubble pipe - Google Search(1).png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crompton21 said:

As a non smoker, I think I am right in saying that vaping/smoking is permitted in designated public areas.  For those who haven't cruised there are 2/3 areas where smoking or vaping is permitted, these are public areas.  These are outside areas and not internal.  P & O rules forbid smoking/vaping in your room or on your balcony.

Should you decide to flout those rules, in extreme you could be removed from the ship.  The last time I looked, Cunard still had an internal "Cigar bar".  The choice of smoking policy is made by the cruise line as a commercial decision, not in adherence to U.K. law.

Vaping does not currently come under Government "smoke free" legislation.  

Isn't that more or less what I posted Crompton21. ( post 28)  It's common sense that Smoking or Vaping is only permitted in 'designated areas' which is obviously 'outside in designated areas' ( this is the norm now on most cruise lines these days ) 

In my reference to 'Public Areas' I was referring to 'indoor' public venues eg Bars, Lounges, restaurants. I believe most smokers when on cruise ships respect the directive.

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Didn't you know Brillo that Yorkshiremen are excused obeying rules, which of course are for the guidance of we wise men, but the observance of fools.:classic_rolleyes:

Tha can alus tell a Yorkshire man

But tha can't tell 'im much