MCO to Port Canaveral

luvIU

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Would a flight leaving MCO at 12:10pm be doable if we checked in online while on the ship? We would obviously need to get off the ship early.

I had no problem with that, and I was in the last 20% off the ship.

4 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Ok thanks. After looking at onboard interest costs, we probably won’t check in on the ship, just get right to the airport.

If you have a data plan on a cell phone, you can still check in that morning via cell data rather than via internet....

On 10/12/2019 at 10:36 AM, brillohead said:

I had no problem with that, and I was in the last 20% off the ship.

We have a 12:30 flight.  How did you transport to MCO?  GoPort?  Cortrans?  CruiseControl?  GoPort says for flights before 1pm, one should walkoff at the earliest possible time as it’s first come first serve.

Edited by SoBaycruiser

19 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

We have a 12:30 flight.  How did you transport to MCO?  GoPort?  Cortrans?  CruiseControl?  GoPort says for flights before 1pm, one should walkoff at the earliest possible time as it’s first come first serve.

I hadn't planned ahead, and ended up having to take the cruise line's shuttle, which was $30pp.  

On 10/14/2019 at 11:52 PM, SoBaycruiser said:

You can book an early shuttle with Cortans.  They charged us $20 per person.  We caught their 7:30 am shuttle and were at the airport at 8:15 am.  I know when we booked the shuttle, we did not choose such an early time.  I think we may have booked the 8:30 shuttle, but they let people on as they show up and run shuttles at several times.

9 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

You can book an early shuttle with Cortans.  They charged us $20 per person.  We caught their 7:30 am shuttle and were at the airport at 8:15 am.  I know when we booked the shuttle, we did not choose such an early time.  I think we may have booked the 8:30 shuttle, but they let people on as they show up and run shuttles at several times.

Thank you.  Too many negatives were building up with traveling with 3 small children on GoPort... the possible long wait for a bus and the single drop off point at MCO.  I was getting ready to switch to Cortrans when I saw CruiseControl has a flash sale on today and we can get round trip for $28 ... including car seats for the kids.

How long does it take to go through customs if you walk off?  We have an 8:15 shuttle.

5 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

Thank you.  Too many negatives were building up with traveling with 3 small children on GoPort... the possible long wait for a bus and the single drop off point at MCO.  I was getting ready to switch to Cortrans when I saw CruiseControl has a flash sale on today and we can get round trip for $28 ... including car seats for the kids.

How long does it take to go through customs if you walk off?  We have an 8:15 shuttle.

I cruised on Carnival's Breeze ship. If you have an early flight, you can go to guest services and get a letter printed that will show you where to meet the morning you leave.  We also chose to carry off our own luggage.  For people carrying off their own luggage, Carnival let the platinums and diamonds go first, then the FTTF passengers, the suite passengers, and then the early flight people.  We were off of the ship by 7:10 am.  The shuttle filled up and left the port at 7:30.  We also have TSA pre-check, so we never have to spend much time in the airport security line. 

Carnival really had their act together.  As people entered the theater to wait, they had people sit in the order they came in.  When it was time to leave, they had people exit so that the first people to arrive were the first people to leave.  That was unlike my cruise on the Magic in FLL.  That was a madhouse and a mess.

I am not sure if other cruise lines have a place for people with early flights to meet, but it's worth asking.  

21 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I am not sure if other cruise lines have a place for people with early flights to meet, but it's worth asking.  

Thank you so much for being so thorough with your answer.  i will definitely check with the onboard people about the best way to be off the ship in time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

Depends if you have passports for everyone or just birth certificates.  Port Canaveral has the facial recognition scan-and-go for people who have a passport, so it takes about 10-15 seconds per person at the scanner.  

If traveling with birth certificates instead, you have to wait in line to see an agent -- not sure how long that takes, but the line seemed to have 20-30 people in it.

14 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Depends if you have passports for everyone or just birth certificates.  Port Canaveral has the facial recognition scan-and-go for people who have a passport, so it takes about 10-15 seconds per person at the scanner.  

If traveling with birth certificates instead, you have to wait in line to see an agent -- not sure how long that takes, but the line seemed to have 20-30 people in it.

Great info.  Yes we all have passports... even the two year old!  I’m not sure how facial recognition will work with that!

10 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

Great info.  Yes we all have passports... even the two year old!  I’m not sure how facial recognition will work with that!

That's why kid passports are only good for five years... they change too much over time.  

Hold the kid up with the face in the little square on the screen, get a check mark, you're good to go, just like with an adult.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:42 AM, SoBaycruiser said:

Thanks for posting the flas sale cancelled Cortrans & booked CC and saved $24

On 10/16/2019 at 2:58 PM, brillohead said:

What ship did you get off of? Once you get off the ship into the terminal, you just have to do the facial recognition scan and then you were on your way? Were there lines at the scanners / what time did you do it at? I’m looking to book a flight out of MCO on Saturday Dec 7 at 10:42am, getting off the NCL Breakaway. We plan to get off right away (NCL states we arrive at 7am and will carry our own luggage off). Do you think we’ll have a problem making that flight time?

7 hours ago, WeBeCruisinMon said:

What ship did you get off of? Once you get off the ship into the terminal, you just have to do the facial recognition scan and then you were on your way? Were there lines at the scanners / what time did you do it at? I’m looking to book a flight out of MCO on Saturday Dec 7 at 10:42am, getting off the NCL Breakaway. We plan to get off right away (NCL states we arrive at 7am and will carry our own luggage off). Do you think we’ll have a problem making that flight time?

I'm not familiar with NCL at all -- I was getting off Royal's Mariner.  I debarked maybe around 8am-ish, there was no line at all -- there were probably six or so lanes of the tablets for facial recognition.  

I got off the ship, walked up to an empty tablet and stood on the footprints on the floor, looked at the tablet, got a green check mark, then went on to get my luggage.  Literally 15 seconds MAX.  

I would ask on the NCL board to see how early you can realistically expect to get off the ship, and I would make sure you have a private transfer set up in advance.  Ubers are hard to get at the port, and taxis are going to be very expensive.  

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm not familiar with NCL at all -- I was getting off Royal's Mariner.  I debarked maybe around 8am-ish, there was no line at all -- there were probably six or so lanes of the tablets for facial recognition.  

I got off the ship, walked up to an empty tablet and stood on the footprints on the floor, looked at the tablet, got a green check mark, then went on to get my luggage.  Literally 15 seconds MAX.  

I would ask on the NCL board to see how early you can realistically expect to get off the ship, and I would make sure you have a private transfer set up in advance.  Ubers are hard to get at the port, and taxis are going to be very expensive.  

What time were you supposed to arrive at Port Canaveral? At 7am or 8am? Would all terminals be the same with having the facial recognition in Port Canaveral regardless of the cruise line? Thanks!