Gave Cagney's another chance - some improvements (steak still sucked)

PortFees45

Last trip had reservation at Cagneys and cancelled to eat in Haven.  Meals and service hit or miss in Cagneys and not worth even taking a chance with free meal plus wait staff telling you non existent limits.

I’ve had a few times at Cagneys and Bistro where the meat didn’t come out right (Usually overcooked).  Was no big deal to me - I sent it back to the kitchen and asked them to send out a new one.  Replacement was always good and never had to send that one back.  

if a restaurant serves you something that you don’t like or wasn’t prepared right, send it back and make them do it again.  Doesn’t matter if on a cruise or a land restaurant.  If enough people send dishes back it will force them to do a better prep or QC job.  The worst thing people can do is accept it and not make them correct it.

• Like 1

After cruise in June and the steak being just plain awful i switched to seafood.  It will be seafood again in December.  No i did not complain because there were 6 of us and I wasn’t going to hold up the train.  How can you mess up a rib eye, well it can happen. We use to eat at cagney’s Often. Especially when we had 7 night dining package. 

Problem we had the last 2 times at Cagneys is we ordered our steaks medium rare and they came out sooo rare they were still Mooing 🙈

Sent them back.....last time tried ordering it Medium figuring that might help....nope still cams out extremely bloody rare 🙈

I found out I could never order medium rare at Cagneys,  their concept of that is NOT like other places.  Finally realized I should order medium...to get right temp!!  BUT, even if temp was right, the quality has not been up to par for last few years.  😞

2 hours ago, LaCal said:

Problem we had the last 2 times at Cagneys is we ordered our steaks medium rare and they came out sooo rare they were still Mooing 🙈

Sent them back.....last time tried ordering it Medium figuring that might help....nope still cams out extremely bloody rare 🙈

Grandson ordered rare then threw up all night. Think their idea of rare is not like everyone else’s.

Ate at Cagney's and Le Bistro on the Star sailing week of 9/22/19.  Went to Le Bistro first and the steaks were perfect, but there was virtually no sides on the plate.  A small potato galette thing that you couldn't even find under the steak and 2 small pieces of asparagus.  They didn't even had sides to order on the menu.

So we were so happy to get to Cagney's and there were sides to order. Yeah!  But then the steaks were lukewarm when the meal arrived.  I was able to watch the open kitchen and the steaks were fired immediately and left to sit under heat lamps for anywhere from 10-15 minutes.  Everyone's steaks sat  that long.  Lobster too.  And that dining room was cold.  I felt for the servers because even they seemed to be arguing with the chefs who couldn't get the meal timing right.

If they could combine the Le Bistro steaks with the Cagney's sides they might have a decent restaurant.  And the Exec Chef of the Star needs to get a handle on how the food goes out at Cagney's. 

I went to Cagneys once and never went back. I now use my voucher at " le bistro. I found the steak at Cagneys tough and the the fries cold , the only thing i liked was their layer chocolate cake. I've found better steak at the MDR. IMHO.

Edited by spanishguy1970