Book with O then transfer to TA? Pros/cons?

clo

In past years, I did book aboard to get the benefits of doing so and always had it immediately transferred to my TA. Fortunately, now I don’t have to do that. I can buy one or two Future Cruise Credits while aboard, get those same benefits, and decide which cruises to have my TA book us on later. 

There are some hard core, hard nose , people on this board! I’ve used my TA for 18 years. She works for an OCC Agency and provides exceptional service along with providing us with great  perks. She introduced us to Oceania. She has pulled rabbits out of hats for us on numerous  occasions and issues just aren’t issues because she quickly and satisfactory gets them resolved.

So here is the question: If a different Consortium from their’s got PPG from Oceania and they didn’t, meaning I lose a few $$ in OBC, am I going to dump her over those $$ and go wherever the spreadsheets say gives me the most bucks? “Dear Nancy, your years of service and everything you’ve done for us means zero! It’s here and now Babe, what are you doing for me today! Old Joe is giving me a C note more and I’m now with Joe. Pucker up and ante more more next time!” 

That’s obviously the attitude and game played by some of the hard nosed here. Bid every cruise for the max perks! Really! Each to his own, but that’s not us! We call our TA and she gets and gives us what we want. We rarely even have to think much, because she knows what we’re after and what we want. We’ve already told her she can’t retire until we quit traveling! I’m afraid she wasn’t paying attention!

• Like 2

Similar question while on this topic. We failed to book onboard as we were new to Oceania and just weren't prepared to book onboard. We have since booked another Oceania Cruise within the 30 days. Is there a way our TA can still get us the $100 each from Oceania as OBC?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

Similar question while on this topic. We failed to book onboard as we were new to Oceania and just weren't prepared to book onboard. We have since booked another Oceania Cruise within the 30 days. Is there a way our TA can still get us the $100 each from Oceania as OBC?

Thanks

They used to have a program where you got dollars off on your next cruise if you booked within a certain time period after your last one. I haven't seen that offer in a few years though. 

I know that doesn't answer you question, I'd say the answer is no, but best to check with your TA. 

37 minutes ago, Jim and Monika said:

Thanks

I think  they now only give the $100 OBC for the cruise you are on not for the  future cruise you booked onboard

Someone will correct me if wrong

Buy a Future Cruise Credit, get the perks, and move on! Absolutely no need to make a quick decision on a cruise. Absolutely no reason to book a placeholder Cruise. Do a FCC and sleep easy, then let your TA do the work when you decide what you want.

• Like 1