Coffee Maker in Neptune Suite? Eurodam

marluvs2go

3 minutes ago, Zanne208 said:

Dang it.  We have a balcony room on the 7th floor.  I was getting all excited to get my happy feet and smile on with coffee first thing.   

Lots to learn on my first cruise. 

Prepare to be hooked on cruising! 

HAL's room service is free for all levels of accommodations, so you can order coffee. And maybe a little something to go with it. Or a full breakfast. 

Perfect!  A little something extra?  Would I do that?  In a heartbeat!!

I have been watching cruise ships leaving ports on PTZtv for years dreaming.  My fiance say always says he wouldnt go.  Guess what.....bye, bye.  Im going with my Sister.

Thanks for replying 3rdGenCunarder.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 10:27 AM, zelker said:

Here's what it looks like.  They use a small pod similar to a Nespresso machine (not like a Keurig).  They replenish regular and decaf pods (no choice of flavors and they are more like espresso than coffee).  They also keep the area stocked with sugar, sweeteners, creamer, coffee cups and spoons.  Apparently you can also run water through it to have hot water to make tea (using tea bags from the Neptune Lounge or Lido).

The Neptune Suite on Zuiderdam

Wow.  I'd like to book that suite.  I wish all the cabins had a coffee maker.  I'd even bring my favourite pods (maple flavoured and hazelnut).

Edited by Sue from Canada

On 10/21/2019 at 11:34 PM, zelker said:

No to half and half.  The pods appear to be the same size and shape as our Nespresso pods but we’ve never brought one onboard to try it.  The brewer brand is Mocoffee Ventura (www.beukenhorst-USA.com) if you want to try Googling it and see if it’s compatible.

Is there real milk or half/half or even cream in the Neptune Lounge?

Can one get a small container of milk (or cream) to keep in the NS mini-fridge, or even a small glass.  

DH isn't particularly fussy about most things, but "his coffee"... that's different!  :classic_wink:

Ditto lattes and other specialty concoctions.

I'll drink a flavored latte, but don't much care for plain coffee.  For me, tea with milk... but "real milk", so we are back to the same question...

Many thanks.

GC

7 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Can one get a small container of milk (or cream) to keep in the NS mini-fridge, or even a small glass.  

DH isn't particularly fussy about most things, but "his coffee"... that's different!  :classic_wink:

I'll drink a flavored latte, but don't much care for plain coffee.  For me, tea with milk... but "real milk", so we are back to the same question...

Many thanks.

GC

I don't remember exactly what it was but there was some kind of cream or half/half in the NL. I don't use it in coffee, but DH did and he was always happy with the coffee there.

6 hours ago, zelker said:

Yes, small cartons of whole milk available and I think also 2% and skim in Neptune Lounge (we keep a whole milk in our mini fridge). 

I do this as well, but be advised that the min-frig is not very cold and I have had milk spoil on me in it.

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I do this as well, but be advised that the min-frig is not very cold and I have had milk spoil on me in it.

Our fridge chills our wine, tonic, and beer. It took about 5 days for the milk to sour.

13 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Many thanks.

GC

Confirmed just now there are pitchers labeled milk and cream near the coffee machine in the lounge plus individual cartons of whole, 1%, and skim to take to your cabin.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:39 PM, GeezerCouple said:

Many thanks.

GC

Here is a link to some of what you will find in the Neptune Lounge;

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-eurodam-onboard-images/nggallery/page/5

FWIW don't be surprised if you are greeted by name when you enter the Neptune Lounge as you info appears on their computer screen when you use your stateroom key card to open the door.

Edited by Crew News

8 hours ago, Crew News said:

Here is a link to some of what you will find in the Neptune Lounge;

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-eurodam-onboard-images/nggallery/page/5

FWIW don't be surprised if you are greeted by name when you enter the Neptune Lounge as you info appears on their computer screen when you use your stateroom key card to open the door.

Thank you.

And thanks for the comment about names 😉

We leave home in just about 3 weeks now.  Time to start thinking about packing...

Your photos are amazing!

Thanks again.

GC

On 10/25/2019 at 6:33 PM, Zanne208 said:

Dang it.  We have a balcony room on the 7th floor.  I was getting all excited to get my happy feet and smile on with coffee first thing.   

Lots to learn on my first cruise. 

Yes and learning all the little tricks is so much fun! I have taken a small drip coffee maker years ago.  Last year I took cold coffee beverages (low fat low calorie) and that was nice to have that first fix of caffeine without wandering the halls half asleep.  Also I have taken the smaller silver like tray that holds drinking cups and wine glasses and gone to Lido and brought back coffee and tea it holds two cups I believe.  If you are not picky about throwing on your robe the trip in and out of Lido coffee area is pretty easy, you just have to remember that you have to have your key card out or in pocket to get back in room unless your partner is awake? Otherwise set the tray down....I have also put out the breakfast sign for coffee and such from  room service you can indicate what time in half hour parts say from 6 to 6:30,.  Be prepared for a big good morning greeting and lots of noise so if partner trys to sleep in will not work too well.  I always have my cash tip ready to give them so I do'n't have to open the safe....  I have never met a cruise I did not like! 

52 minutes ago, marluvs2go said:

Yes and learning all the little tricks is so much fun! I have taken a small drip coffee maker years ago.  Last year I took cold coffee beverages (low fat low calorie) and that was nice to have that first fix of caffeine without wandering the halls half asleep.  Also I have taken the smaller silver like tray that holds drinking cups and wine glasses and gone to Lido and brought back coffee and tea it holds two cups I believe.  If you are not picky about throwing on your robe the trip in and out of Lido coffee area is pretty easy, you just have to remember that you have to have your key card out or in pocket to get back in room unless your partner is awake? Otherwise set the tray down....I have also put out the breakfast sign for coffee and such from  room service you can indicate what time in half hour parts say from 6 to 6:30,.  Be prepared for a big good morning greeting and lots of noise so if partner trys to sleep in will not work too well.  I always have my cash tip ready to give them so I do'n't have to open the safe....  I have never met a cruise I did not like! 

Great, well if anyone sees a redhead sitting outside her room on 7 with coffee......that will be me. 

10 hours ago, Crew News said:

So that's how they do it!!!! Although, if you go there enough, they do learn your name. 

39 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

So that's how they do it!!!! Although, if you go there enough, they do learn your name. 

With technology, there are more and more ways to arrange that initial "personal greeting".

We've noticed at some hotels, as we arrive and have luggage unloaded from taxi, the staff doing this now often have earpieces and they whisper into their wrist, looking too much like surveillance types - which is exactly what they are doing.

So by the time we reach the front desk, the desk staff have without a doubt already been notified that "the GeezerCouples are here", and if it's busy, we suspect that additional info is included, such as "Mrs. is wearing a tiara" <:classic_wacko: or blue sweater or whatever> or "Mr. is <some identifying characteristic>" 

Otherwise, how would they *still* get our names right if we are among several others approaching the front desk to check in, etc?

Also, we have different names, so it's not unusually for us to be called Mr. or Mrs. with the "other" last name.  That happens all the time, of course, and is no big deal.

Ah, with facial recognition these days, are previously checked-in guests perhaps being "recognized" as they approach the front desk (or other places where there are computer screens and "security cameras")?

It's a new world out there...

But yes, some of these people have truly extraordinary abilities to remember faces and names!  I can't remember a name five seconds later, alas.

GC

13 hours ago, Crew News said:

That only works on the Vista class and above.  

The previous Prinsendam and all the S & R ships do not need a key card to open the door.  You just walk in.

in fact on the Prinsendam, the door was open to walk in with the concierge right there in front of the stained glass.

In some cases, they truly remember passengers and for the remainder, they study the pictures they take of you so they know who their guests are and yes, you are greeted by name and yes, they know who doesn’t belong 😉 

I admire those concierges as they don’t have the same technology to give them a heads up.  Instead, they have memorized.  Very impressive.