Happy with Gty cabin allocated - could it change?

I’ve already been allocated my cabin for my gty mini-suite on Breakaway next August. 8114. It looks like a quiet location from comments I’ve read from others who have had it - plus a larger balcony. Feel like I’ve been lucky - however with 10 months to go - can NCL change my cabin before the sailing? Or is it definitely our cabin now?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

I’ve already been allocated my cabin for my gty mini-suite on Breakaway next August. 8114. It looks like a quiet location from comments I’ve read from others who have had it - plus a larger balcony. Feel like I’ve been lucky - however with 10 months to go - can NCL change my cabin before the sailing? Or is it definitely our cabin now?

Thanks!

All  yours. Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

There are 4 of us and that is maximum capacity for the cabin. 

In that case it's highly unlikely they would move you because only a limited number of cabins have that capacity.

I have heard stories of couples who got a cabin with a capacity of 3 or 4 being moved because a party of 3 or 4 needed the cabin, but I think in your case it would not make any sense for them to move you. Technically possible, yes, but in all probability, no.

• Thanks 1

I've heard that in the past, even if you pre-selected a cabin, unless you specifically ticked a box that said 'no upgrades', they could change your cabin to a higher category, which you may or may not have considered better....

With the new bidding for upgrade policy, I believe that practice has gone away....

3 hours ago, kathbril said:

Has anyone tried asking NCL for a change of the GTY cabin?

Of course, I understand, that his is part of deal but just wondering if they would still move you if asked (nicely)?

They told me no, once assigned that's it !