Majestic Princess - depth of the swimming pools?

vipro

We will be on board this ship this December and we were thinking of doing some swimming to pass some time on the sea days. As my wife is not a very good swimmer, so naturally she would like to stand and rest after swimming some distance in the pool. So I asked Princess for the depth of the pools, and to my horror, besides the mini splash pool, both the fountain pool and the Hollywood pool have the depths of at least 6ft+, and we were also told that these pools have the same depth throughout. 

So assuming this is true, that means not many people could actually stand inside the pool and yet could still breathe normally. I really fail to understand why they have designed their pools this way in a family friendly cruise ship, especially when there are no lifeguards on duty and shouldn't they make the pools shallower or at least shallower on one end? Unless these were designed for people to dive into the pools, otherwise I really do not understand the rationale behind this.

So my question is, can people that have been to the ship (and has swum) confirm this? And could we use floats/inflatable swimming aids in these pools? Or do they expect us to bring and make good use of the life jackets found inside the room?

Thanks.

No, there is no diving, also very little actual swimming.  The pools are really too crowded for that.  We did take very small floating devices, perhaps 18X12 inches, and no one complained.  They are not really to lie down on, just to hang on to.  I think if you cut a noodle in half no one would complain about it.

• 3 years later...

Bumping this thread back up to the top.

Last  post was in October 2019.

Any updates from some recent cruisers on this ship as to the depth of the indoor pool in the Hollywood Club?

Thanks for any new insights.

My problem with the pools is most only have a ladder to exit pool.  I have had a knee reconstruction and find this difficult.  Some of the  older ships had steps to enter and exit.  The old Sea Princess, Star Princess etc.  Oh well I can get into the hot tubs (lukewarm tubs) if they are not filled with kids. Lol

I recently got off of the Majestic. Both the Hollywood indoor pool, and the Fountain outdoor pool are 4 feet 11 inches at the shallowest, and they quickly get deeper. There is no real “shallow end”. There is also a very small circular outdoor pool that was listed about 3.5 feet deep but was only filled to about 2.5 feet deep. This pool is too small for adults other than to just sit in, but is fine for kids if the temperature cooperates. The small circular pool may have been heated but I can’t confirm; it did seem warmer that the other two regular pools.