Time to sell NCL?

KatieBelle

12 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Beside sending them home and giving them a free trip..nothing would have worked..

and do you think thats fair to the cruise line..I dont..they had salaries to pay food costs fuel costs etc

I have been on many trips where ports are missed due to weather thats part of cruising you have to understand!!

Jancruz1..

Totally agree. Weather happens.  Ports get missed.  And from reading reports in the press here (in Switzerland) the NCL passengers were unhappy before the weather got bad.  Don't know why but sometimes there are just unhappy (and very vocal) people.

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

Totally agree. Weather happens.  Ports get missed.  And from reading reports in the press here (in Switzerland) the NCL passengers were unhappy before the weather got bad.  Don't know why but sometimes there are just unhappy (and very vocal) people.

The free promotional drink packages tend to help on NCL.

19 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Beside sending them home and giving them a free trip..nothing would have worked..

and do you think thats fair to the cruise line..I dont..they had salaries to pay food costs fuel costs etc

I have been on many trips where ports are missed due to weather thats part of cruising you have to understand!!

Jancruz1..

Let me guess: Corporations are People Too...

1 hour ago, Shawnino said:

Let me guess: Corporations are People Too...

Last year there were continual problems with low water forcing changes/cancellations to River Cruises.  Some lines offered more compensation to passengers than others, and people complained when they didn't get the golden offers.  Now this year River Cruise prices have jumped dramatically – and those same people are surprised!  Where did they think the compensation costs were coming from?

Typically published cruise prices are lower in shoulder months than in prime weather months. The cruise lines are discounting the fares to account for bad weather. Cruisers should expect to accept the remaining risks of sailing during those periods!

We sailed on O to Iceland in August. We were told that all of the farmers brought their sheep and cattle out of the pastures and into the barns the 3rd week of September because the weather typically turned to severe to leave them out grazing. So it’s to severe for these thick coated woolly sheep to possibly survive, yet some cruisers believe they should be compensated for not visiting due to the weather in mid October! Right!

Oceania has cruises that includes the Easter Island. Iffy proposition! Since I want to visit the Easter Island, We’re flying in post cruise from Santiago and spending a few days there. We aren’t scheduling a cruise there, that has at best a 50-50 chance of tendering in and crying for a rebate if it doesn’t make it!