texting maitre d on the freedom

princess76021

Please note that the Maitre D's are not required to respond to guest emails. Perhaps they finally implemented the rule on their email system to block outside emails getting to the Maitre D addresses.

If you want a private table, post to John Heald's Facebook page 4 days ahead of sailing and he will forward the request for you.

57 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Please note that the Maitre D's are not required to respond to guest emails. Perhaps they finally implemented the rule on their email system to block outside emails getting to the Maitre D addresses.

I don't think that's true.  I was able to e-mail the Inspiration maitre d' before my recent cruise, to request to be seated at a large table.  He even replied to me, saying he'd do it.  (It helps if you provide your booking number and seating time.)

Did they block external e-mails sometime after the first week of September? 

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

If you want a private table, post to John Heald's Facebook page 4 days ahead of sailing and he will forward the request for you.

Please help me, I don't know how to send him a message.  There are several pages with his name. Also, does the note show to everyone? Thank you!

We just usually go to the dining room on embarkation day and request a table for two.  We’ve never emailed John .....or anyone else for that matter....and they’ve always taken care of us.  I feel sure they will do what they can to help.  Hope you have a great cruise!

• Like 1

I would email him again and explain you didn’t understand his response.  I just emailed the Freedom a month ago and he is the only maitre’d that sent a response from the many ships I have emailed in the past. I think it’s a different maitre’d than the last time we were on the Freedom but the last maitre’d was amazing. 

4 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Please help me, I don't know how to send him a message.  There are several pages with his name. Also, does the note show to everyone? Thank you!

Carnival's maitre d's e-mail address is tied to the ship, not their personal name.  Whoever is serving as the maitre d' will reply to you and sign off with their name, but their e-mail address is shared.

The e-mail is in this format: XXmaitred(AT)carnival.com, where XX is the two-letter ship name abbreviation.  Here is a mostly-complete list:

FA = Fantasy

FS = Fascination

EC = Ecstasy

SE = Sensation

IS = Inspiration

IM = Imagination

EL = Elation

PA = Paradise

SP = Spirit

PR = Pride

LE = Legend

MI= Miracle

DE = Destiny

TI = Triumph

VI = Victory

CQ = Conquest

GL = Glory

LI = Liberty

VA = Valor

FD = Freedom

SL = Splendor

DR = Dream

MC = Magic

BR = Breeze

SH = Sunshine

So, for example, Freedom's maitre d's e-mail would be: fdmaitred(AT)carnival.com

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

1 minute ago, coevan said:

you are worrying too much, you will get a table for 2, just ask when you board. these guys are super busy and do not have time to respond to every request

I think we will take you up on that!!!   This cruise is a journey cruise will that make a difference? BTW, we become platinum on this cruise!  Thank you

I have emailed the Maitre D’s on my last 3 cruises, including one that I took just 2 weeks ago, and they have all responded quickly and accommodated me as requested.  I find e-mailing 2 days after the cruise just before my own departs works well—you don’t want to email too early or on a departure date when they are super busy.  

I would try emailing again according to my method.  If you wait until you are on the ship, you’ll likely have to wait in line instead of enjoying the ship.  Plus, if you wait,  you may get the size table you want, but it could be in an undesirable location, e.g. right next to a service area. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

I don't think that's true.  I was able to e-mail the Inspiration maitre d' before my recent cruise, to request to be seated at a large table.  He even replied to me, saying he'd do it.  (It helps if you provide your booking number and seating time.)

Did they block external e-mails sometime after the first week of September? 

They aren't required to respond to emails.

7 hours ago, princess76021 said:

I think we will take you up on that!!!   This cruise is a journey cruise will that make a difference? BTW, we become platinum on this cruise!  Thank you

Yes, being a Journeys cruise, Diamonds get priority regardless of when you request