Horizon vs RC Adventure

petuniaflower

6 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

It could have literally been any other ship that you disembarked, and you would be attracted to any other Carnival ship.

Correct, lol.  OMG, the Oasis was just so spacious, loaded with so much free dining, amazing shows, no crowds, and tons to do.  But the burger at Wipeout wasn't as good as the Carnival buffet. Never again!!!! 

Edited by BNBR

2 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Correct, lol.  OMG, the Oasis was just so spacious, loaded with so much free dining, amazing shows, no crowds, and tons to do. Never again!!!! 

To be honest, if I disembarked the Carnival Freedom, I would look over at the Oasis of the Seas and say, I would look back at the Freedom and say: Never Again!

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

You aren't making any sense. 

How? I am supporting your point on how the two options are not comparable!

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

To be honest, if I disembarked the Carnival Freedom, I would look over at the Oasis of the Seas and say, I would look back at the Freedom and say: Never Again!

How? I am supporting your point on how the two options are not comparable!

Sorry, I'm confusing myself.  Even if JR was free it wouldn't be comparable to the pasta on Carnival.

And of course you would look at Oasis and want to sail it! I'll sail Carnival when the price is substantially less. I sure do love a good deal!  But people are fooling themselves if they would prefer freedom over Oasis. 

Edited by BNBR

40 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

It could have literally been any other ship that you disembarked, and you would be attracted to any other Carnival ship.

Grasshopper, you know not what you say.  My favorite cruise of all was not even on a Carnival ship . But even if that were true, are we not each  entitled to what we each like?  Would it be harmful to you or anyone else if that were true?  Do I reference your thoughts as biased or unfair or not true?

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Grasshopper, you know not what you say.  My favorite cruise of all was not even on a Carnival ship . But even if that were true, are we not each  entitled to what we each like?  Would it be harmful to you or anyone else if that were true?  Do I reference your thoughts as biased or unfair or not true?

I'm sure your cruise on Azamara was your favorite. Then why must you always bash other cruise lines? You don't reference my thoughts as unfair, but you clearly have a bias towards Carnival.

35 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Sorry, I'm confusing myself.  Even if JR was free it wouldn't be comparable to the pasta on Carnival.

And of course you would look at Oasis and want to sail it! I'll sail Carnival when the price is substantially less. I sure do love a good deal!  But people are fooling themselves if they would prefer freedom over Oasis. 

Ahhh. That must be it, how could anyone like a Carnival ship more than oasis.  Possibly the most jaundiced post I have read in a while.   Read my review on Oasis before you pass judgement.  I posted it here and on the Royal main baord and got good marks from both.  

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

I'm sure your cruise on Azamara was your favorite. Then why must you always bash other cruise lines? You don't reference my thoughts as unfair, but you clearly have a bias towards Carnival.

I don't bash anyone, I give my views.  Bias is in the eye of the beholder Grasshopper.  Someday we will cruise together and I will explain further.  

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Ahhh. That must be it, how could anyone like a Carnival ship more than oasis.  Possibly the most jaundiced post I have read in a while.   Read my review on Oasis before you pass judgement.  I posted it here and on the Royal main baord and got good marks from both.  

And some people prefer Hampton Inn over the Four Seasons. I get it. There are outliers. Glad you found a product you like.  I don't personally go on cruises for buffet burgers, but I'm not judging. 

Just now, BNBR said:

And some people prefer Hampton Inn over the Four Seasons. I get it. There are outliers. Glad you found a product you like.  I don't personally go on cruises for buffet burgers, but I'm not judging. 

😉  glad to hear it.  How objective of you in the analogy. Sail the Mardi  Gras with us and we can debate further, in Carnival FUN style. 

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

😉  glad to hear it.  How objective of you in the analogy. Sail the Mardi  Gras with us and we can debate further, in Carnival FUN style. 

How 'bout you come aboard a RCI ship, and we'll debate it the Royal way.

Based on itinerary, I’d choose the horizon because there is a lot I want to do in those ports. 

Based on ships, I guess it’s what you like to do. Oasis class ships have more “stuff”- escape rooms, rock walls, ice skating, etc. But, if you are doing things as a family- is that important to you? Do you all like that stuff? If yes, go for the oasis. If some of you are more laid back and not the adventurous type, maybe you prefer some of what Carnival offers- dance classes, piano bar, different games. And there is some more adventurous stuff for those that prefer it. 

If youre not into the more adventurous stuff, maybe check out the daily schedules for both lines and see what appeals to most of the family, since you are trying to spend more time together. 

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I'm anxiously waiting for Mardis Gras to come out and for some reviews to hit the CC forums. We'll see. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, purplephenom said:

Based on itinerary, I’d choose the horizon because there is a lot I want to do in those ports. 

Based on ships, I guess it’s what you like to do. Oasis class ships have more “stuff”- escape rooms, rock walls, ice skating, etc. But, if you are doing things as a family- is that important to you? Do you all like that stuff? If yes, go for the oasis. If some of you are more laid back and not the adventurous type, maybe you prefer some of what Carnival offers- dance classes, piano bar, different games. And there is some more adventurous stuff for those that prefer it. 

If youre not into the more adventurous stuff, maybe check out the daily schedules for both lines and see what appeals to most of the family, since you are trying to spend more time together. 

Just to clarify. Adventure isn't even close to being an Oasis class ship.  It's roughly the same size as Horizon, just a bit bigger... And carries 900 less guests... 

Edited by BNBR

I'm anxiously waiting for Mardis Gras to come out and for some reviews to hit the CC forums. We'll see. 

We are on 3 sailings including the 1st out of Copenhagen, ending in South Hampton, will be doing a live review from the ship  .  

I'm in the med on Jewel next year... Lol. 

Would love to but have 4 European trips between May and October next year.  Lets try for 2021, as long as we do both lines, I am game.  

Edited by jimbo5544

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

We are on 3 sailings including the 1st out of Copenhagen, ending in South Hampton, will be doing a live review from the ship  .  

I'll keep an eye out for it. I don't trust Carnival enough to go on inaugural sailings.  But I'm sure you'll have a nice time. I may be in Copenhagen around that time though.  Never know. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I'll keep an eye out for it. I don't trust Carnival enough to go on inaugural sailings.  But I'm sure you'll have a nice time. I may be in Copenhagen around that time though.  Never know. 

If you are there, be happy to buy you a beer.  

14 minutes ago, BNBR said:

We are also sailing on her 1/21/21 (or the 23Rd, I cannot remember) and also 7/10/21 western.  

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

Guys is a counter serve buffet station that slings precooked patties rapidly. They are pretty decent but not the best at sea (Celebrity kills Guys for poolside burgers).  Johnny Rockets is a full service sit down concept with a waiter.  Guys is comparable to the buffet and Guys is better.  If you think a buffet ststion is comparable to a sit down full service restaurant, then it's you who are confused. 

Johnny Rockets on Anthem is a counter service venue. No waiters.

22 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Johnny Rockets on Anthem is a counter service venue. No waiters.

Then I'd skip it. Definitely not paying for that. I like it on Oasis as it's nice to relax on the boardwalk with full service.  Also free for breakfast.