E-mail Address for Frank Del Rio (NCL CEO)?

jimdee3636

And appreciation or attention?

No real solutions being offered, nor any asks.  What exactly is he supposed to do with a complaint letter?

I have used this tactic several times when the problem warrants it.  It used to be called executive email carpet bomb and writing to people at this level will be handled by an executive staff, so you should have been clear, concise, and to the point.  Then offer some kind of solution or a very specific ask.  In all honestly, and like posted above, this is going to the delete or maybe get a response about taking your concerns very seriously.

The CEO is not going to meet with the crew and discuss their behavior, that is for the Capt, and supervisors locally.  And I have to ask, did you bring it up to anyone on the ship as it was happening?

Not even sure there is a legitimate complain in the entire letter.  A good example is I wrote the CEO of Chrysler about a minivan wearing out the breaks at 15k miles.  I mentioned the rear breaks were not a problem, I mentioned how long front breaks should typically last, and finally offered a solution of I would pay labor or parts, but would appreciate if the dealer took care of the all the rest.

The CEO ended up contacting the dealer and fixed it all.  It is a powerful tool, but its like real estate and location location location, a CEO letter should be clear, concise and offer a solution.

• 2 months later...

Who is "in charge" of Norwegian Cruise Line cruise division today?  I have a complaint and can't get past front line agents.  There is no phone number for the complaint/customer service section.  Also, does anyone else find cancellation policies differs based on 1) who you are speaking too (6 phone calls, 6 different answers) and 2) conflicting details on website between FAQ, AON Affinity, etc.?

I need an email please.....

1 hour ago, mmp547982 said:

Who is "in charge" of Norwegian Cruise Line cruise division today?  I have a complaint and can't get past front line agents.  There is no phone number for the complaint/customer service section.  Also, does anyone else find cancellation policies differs based on 1) who you are speaking too (6 phone calls, 6 different answers) and 2) conflicting details on website between FAQ, AON Affinity, etc.?

Couple of suggestions.....

A). When you are ready to send a letter both barrels blazing, you are probably not going to get anything but a canned response.

B)  Try some of these folks if all you want to do is state your unhappiness.  https://www.ncl.com/about/contact-us#

What exactly do you want them to do for you?

Edited by graphicguy

Refund 100% of paid funds for a cruise (stateroom, airfare, bev, dinner, transfer, etc) due to stated huge variations in cancellation policies by 6 different customer service agents (800-327-7030) and website pages, including front page, "Peace of Mind", AON Affinity, FAQ section and probably a few more.  I have screen shots of these web-pages and its amazing how they differ! 

16 minutes ago, mmp547982 said:

Refund 100% of paid funds for a cruise (stateroom, airfare, bev, dinner, transfer, etc) due to stated huge variations in cancellation policies by 6 different customer service agents (800-327-7030) and website pages, including front page, "Peace of Mind", AON Affinity, FAQ section and probably a few more.  I have screen shots of these web-pages and its amazing how they differ! 

So...taking you at your word...you called six different customer service agents and got six different answers. Given that, let me ask this: At some point you called the first customer service agent and you got an answer. With your question answered, why would you call the second customer service agent (not to mention the third, fourth, fifth, etc)? Was the intent to just keep asking until you got the answer you wanted?

So, I sailed a few times when NCL was offering the POM policy.  When did you make your reservations?  And, why/when did you cancel?

I'm pretty familiar with the policy when it was in effect.

Edited by graphicguy

EDIT....I skimmed the OP's letter. I think there's a bit of confusion about Peace of Mind and what it was (it's no longer in effect, but it wouldn't have pertained to the OP's situation).

OP...Peace of Mind (POM) policy put in effect some safeguards regarding COVID.  In brief, if you came down with COVID within a certain period before the cruise, you could cancel with no penalty.  For a bit, you were granted a refund.  Later on, you got 100% FCC and a % bonus.

If you contracted COVID while on the cruise, you would have had your medical care covered and transport back home at no charge, in addition to getting either a refund or FCC.

It DID NOT cover any service you may have been dissatisfied with, or any drinks you did not like, etc, etc, etc.

But, the POM policy expired well over a year ago, anyway.

I am a little surprised customer service reps did not explain this to you.  Although, NCL hired many, many new people after the restart.  So, it could be they had never heard of the policy.

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

EDIT....I skimmed the OP's letter. I think there's a bit of confusion about Peace of Mind and what it was (it's no longer in effect, but it wouldn't have pertained to the OP's situation).

OP...Peace of Mind (POM) policy put in effect some safeguards regarding COVID.  In brief, if you came down with COVID within a certain period before the cruise, you could cancel with no penalty.  For a bit, you were granted a refund.  Later on, you got 100% FCC and a % bonus.

If you contracted COVID while on the cruise, you would have had your medical care covered and transport back home at no charge, in addition to getting either a refund or FCC.

It DID NOT cover any service you may have been dissatisfied with, or any drinks you did not like, etc, etc, etc.

But, the POM policy expired well over a year ago, anyway.

I am a little surprised customer service reps did not explain this to you.  Although, NCL hired many, many new people after the restart.  So, it could be they had never heard of the policy.

Umm...what OP's letter?

The OP never posted a letter here, that was someone else. It is also yet another someone else who resurrected this old thread. The OP vanished long ago...

2 hours ago, mmp547982 said:

If you're going to base a complaint on the differences between what reps say and what appears on web pages and/or brochures, I'm certain that NCL will remind you of the Guest Service Contract that you agreed to in order to make your booking...specifically the second paragraph:

2. The Contract: The Guest agrees that this Contract governs the relationship between the Guest and the Carrier, regardless of the Guest's age, whether the Guest purchased the ticket on his or her own behalf, and/or whether the ticket has been held and/or presented by another person on behalf of the Guest. The Guest agrees that, except as expressly provided herein, this Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the Guest and Carrier, and shall supersede and exclude any prior representations that may have been made in relation to the cruise to the Guest or anyone representing him/her by anyone, including but not limited to anything stated in the Carrier's brochures, advertisements, and other promotional materials, by Norwegian Cruise Line or NCL America employees or by third persons such as travel agents.

7 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Umm...what OP's letter?

The OP never posted a letter here, that was someone else. It is also yet another someone else who resurrected this old thread. The OP vanished long ago...

Well....now I feel like a rube!!!!!!!  LOL!!!!!

Sometimes you are just pissed off and want to complain. No, it probably won’t do any good. But when things aren’t right, you want to say (or write) something rather than just grin and take it. 

• Like 1

So no one has an email address.  Thank you all for your thoughts....

That is a bit of a stretch. There is a big difference between having an email address and sharing it online with a stranger. When someone trusts you with their direct email, it's generally understood that they trust you not to just give it to anyone who simply wants to complain until they get their way. 

You said you spoke with front line customer service....you were heard, but that doesn't mean you get your way. Sometimes the answer is no.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmp547982 said:

So no one has an email address.  Thank you all for your thoughts....

A link was provided above for the NCL Contact Us. If you follow that, there is another link inside that says Click Here to post a complaint/feedback/concern. I also found this via a google search. You should be able to navigate the rest. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mmp547982 said:

Did you actually read the cancellation policy? It is linked to your guest receipt. 
https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

I hope you realize that the public facing email addresses for executives are sent to the call center for canned responses. The execs do not ever see the thousands of emails sent each week.