Britannia suite 4 adults advice please

catperson02

One thing designed to make you feel better whilst struggling with a stinking cold - looking at the new cruises for 2021! I have found one that appeals and am considering it for myself, my daughter who would be 21 and my parents. Pricing it up it would be significantly cheaper for all 4 of us to share a suite. Also for the first time ever I would consider an early saver as, even including OBS, it would be a saving of over £1000. Being all in the same cabin I am not concerned about being allocated different dining times and early/late/freedom - none of those would be a deal breaker. We do get on well and there appears to be a room divider which would give some privacy. There also appears to be an extra cloakroom so two loos! 

My only concern is the sleeping arrangements - it would be a double sofa bed for myself and my daughter. Has anyone any experience of the comfort of these?  I have shared a bed with her in the past and she is a wriggler and, with hair down to her waist, I frequently end up with a face and mouth full of hair! (Imagine Cousin It from The Addams Family and you will be pretty close) An option would be to take an inflatable single air bed for her if there was sufficient floor space and to try and sweet talk the room steward into some extra bedding.

The prospect of a suite at such a good price is very tempting but the risk of not choosing our cabin is a bit daunting. Are there any suites that are to be avoided or would any be fine?

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

I am sure Britain has a family suite. The one on Ventura has a separate bedroom not sure about Britannia but it is certainly a sleeps 4. Might be worth looking at.

The bedroom consists of a big double bed, two bedside tables, a desk and a large TV. There are six wardrobes, so plenty of hanging space. The bathroom consists of a separate cloakroom, accessed from the living room area, and a bathroom/shower area ( no toilet) accessed from the bedroom then an interconnecting door into the toilet area. The bathroom is stunning: all marble and chrome, with a separate shower and a whirlpool bath. You also get larger sizes of White Company products. As far as I am aware there are no family suites on Britannia. If you want to have a look there are plenty of videos on YouTube showing the suites layout.

We had a suite on the Britannia in May to the Fjords on a 3rd and 4th passenger for £1 each...this deal was about February 2019 and this deal with 12 cruises just expired a few days ago. Our suite was excellent with a large double bed and pull out sofa made up in the evening when you go for dinner and put away when you go for breakfast. Breakfast for suites only can be taken in the Epicurean restaurant and does feel special with a few extras, we ate here every day.  Also the butler will bring dining room menus  if you want to eat in your suite. Room service was complimentary. The balcony was wide but narrow, but was ok for us. We went to the Limelight club to see Gareth Gates which turned out to be a great night.  This was listed as fully booked but our butler managed to get us in and we had great seats with a whole booth to ourselves. 

Check out youtube etc there’s a lot of information about Brittania online.

Sorry I should have said that it will be Britannia, blame the germs which have turned into a chest infection. I think that although it will be a bit cosy for the price and suite benefits I will be pre registering. I have decided that select may be better then I can try for an aft cabin. Just rung and pre registered for a B4 suite £7646 for all four of us!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 8:54 PM, catperson02 said:

One thing designed to make you feel better whilst struggling with a stinking cold - looking at the new cruises for 2021! I have found one that appeals and am considering it for myself, my daughter who would be 21 and my parents. Pricing it up it would be significantly cheaper for all 4 of us to share a suite. Also for the first time ever I would consider an early saver as, even including OBS, it would be a saving of over £1000. Being all in the same cabin I am not concerned about being allocated different dining times and early/late/freedom - none of those would be a deal breaker. We do get on well and there appears to be a room divider which would give some privacy. There also appears to be an extra cloakroom so two loos! 

My only concern is the sleeping arrangements - it would be a double sofa bed for myself and my daughter. Has anyone any experience of the comfort of these?  I have shared a bed with her in the past and she is a wriggler and, with hair down to her waist, I frequently end up with a face and mouth full of hair! (Imagine Cousin It from The Addams Family and you will be pretty close) An option would be to take an inflatable single air bed for her if there was sufficient floor space and to try and sweet talk the room steward into some extra bedding.

The prospect of a suite at such a good price is very tempting but the risk of not choosing our cabin is a bit daunting. Are there any suites that are to be avoided or would any be fine?

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

We have taken our granddaughter on holiday with us and she had a double sofa bed. There is no way two adults could sleep in one. She had to sleep in the middle. The mattress doesn't quite come to the edge and there are some very sharp bits on the frame. Some rooms have two singles I think this would be better.

She is 11.

Edited by happy v

We had a forward suite on Britannia and the space was huge. They are the biggest suites available, as P&O do not include the area under the sloping forward facing windows in the square footage calculation. So the floor area is much bigger in these suites, though the balcony is not as large as those at the aft.  No problem in accommodating 4 adults. The bedroom and living areas are separate and so the beds have a degree of privacy. There is also a separate toilet, accessible from both the bedroom and the living area. You need to consider which space is more important to you, living area or balcony and which will you be using the most. Don’t forget that aft suites on Britannia have issues with soot deposits.8DE2E0F4-207D-4383-BA4B-64143F5F3F56.thumb.jpeg.e668c49f4a116897f3f064bf33a7c403.jpeg