U.K. cruisers, U.S.A. Booking

*Fudge*

6 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

Is it easy or possible to book via a US website, if any have done this?   UK site is priced wrong at the moment I think  🤔. 😁

Try through RCI's US site, royalcaribbean.com. Unless you're looking for discount sites of course. I booked ours direct through RCI's site and haven't had any trouble, but your mileage may vary.

10 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

Is it easy or possible to book via a US website, if any have done this?   UK site is priced wrong at the moment I think  🤔. 😁

I have friends in the UK that book via a US travel agent to get US pricing.  I don't think they can do it via the US website.

• Like 1

You can’t book via .com because of the address/zip code field.

I know some claim they have done so by putting any old address in.... as docs are never physically mailed to you.

Otherwise use a USA TA. Mine has been a star over the past few weeks. Almost $1000 in price drops on one cruise....! 

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

I know some claim they have done so by putting any old address in.... as docs are never physically mailed to you.

Otherwise use a USA TA. Mine has been a star over the past few weeks. Almost $1000 in price drops on one cruise....! 

Feel for your situation, saved over $5000 in reductions last 5yrs myself. One Cruise alone received 6 reductions... Booking in UK don't you get travel protections we in US don't? Any those change after UK leave's EU? Then Booking threw US Agent instead do you still get these protection's?

54 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Feel for your situation, saved over $5000 in reductions last 5yrs myself. One Cruise alone received 6 reductions... Booking in UK don't you get travel protections we in US don't? Any those change after UK leave's EU? Then Booking threw US Agent instead do you still get these protection's?

No you don't get the booking protection in the US that you do in the UK, When Thomas Cook went bust last month RCI was one of the first to stand up and say that all bookings would be honored, even when they themselves hadn't been paid, why? Because the knew TC was ABTA and ATOL protected and they would get their money, albeit may after the ship had sailed, no such protection in the US.

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Wish mine was as good.

I need your travel agent.

They really are fantastic price drops I’ve never had any as good as that.

Well done.

1 hour ago, Nextholiday? said:

Will we have problems getting on cruise as have put passport details in?

You can have a residence address that is different than your country of citizenship.

43 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

I looked at the US site but the price wasn’t much difference to the U.K. site at the moment, but I am not booking just yet so I’m carrying on looking.    

Just remember to add in taxes/port fees in the US price - that is already included in the UK price. 

4 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

Biker19, thank you, I didn’t know that about fees in US.  

You just need to go through the booking enough to see those (right up till you have to enter names) - typically $100+pp for the usual 7 day sailing.