Pre-registration 2021 question

Dinglebert

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

We pre-registered on board Aurora, gave a list of cabins.  Received pre-registration confirmation by email and also a booking confirmation with a Cruise reference number, but only for the October 2021 cruise and not the April one.  It's bizarre.  Our TA has confirmed the bookings are OK and paperwork will follow.

That is bizarre but good for you, I hope you got the cabin that you wanted.😀

I have received our P&O booking confirmation letter by email from our TA so it seems that they have started to send them out even though CP says 

Your pre-registration cannot be accessed. On the official launch day, when bookings open for your cruise, we will send you a booking confirmation which will confirm your booking reference and cabin number. As soon as you have received this booking confirmation, access to Cruise Personaliser will be permitted.

Usual P&O one hand not knowing what the other is doing 😂😂

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have received our P&O booking confirmation letter by email from our TA so it seems that they have started to send them out even though CP says 

Your pre-registration cannot be accessed. On the official launch day, when bookings open for your cruise, we will send you a booking confirmation which will confirm your booking reference and cabin number. As soon as you have received this booking confirmation, access to Cruise Personaliser will be permitted.

Usual P&O one hand not knowing what the other is doing 😂😂

We have also received our cruise booklet and P&O confirmation invoice by email from our TA this morning.

So spoke to P&O about the problems with CP and she told me I had been issued with A deck cabins for 2021.  I had specifically asked for D deck.  So spoke with my lovely TA who has now changed it to D deck.

So just out of interest, I went and did a dummy booking on P&O site and prices have changed already?!!  Is that possible?  It's showing as the price we booked, but when you try the booking it goes up by £150 pp

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So spoke to P&O about the problems with CP and she told me I had been issued with A deck cabins for 2021.  I had specifically asked for D deck.  So spoke with my lovely TA who has now changed it to D deck.

So just out of interest, I went and did a dummy booking on P&O site and prices have changed already?!!  Is that possible?  It's showing as the price we booked, but when you try the booking it goes up by £150 pp

Interesting Jean, I just looked at our cruise and that too had gone up already, it is now £260 pp more than we have paid, it was obviously better to pre-register, though I guess that we would have got it at the original price on Monday because they probably didn't go up until they went on general sale today though I doubt that we would have gotten our preferred cabin choice.

It's very odd.  If you search on ours, the price for an inside is £1405 (from), but when you try to book, it's £1539 and says it's a guarantee cabin??  Already?

Same thing happens for an Outside cabin.  Mine you their IT systems are not good at the best of times.  I can't imagine how anyone books online without talking to anyone or using a TA.

Edited by jeanlyon

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

It's very odd.  If you search on ours, the price for an inside is £1405 (from), but when you try to book, it's £1539 and says it's a guarantee cabin??  Already?

Same thing happens for an Outside cabin.  Mine you their IT systems are not good at the best of times.  I can't imagine how anyone books online without talking to anyone or using a TA.

Just checked the one we booked for Nov 2021 and the select prices seem to be about the same as Monday but the saver ones are showing as around £70,000 per person. Maybe they want to encourage select bookings.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Just checked on my Britannia that I booked this morning for May 21 and it’s already gone up £256pp

Had our Email our 3 cruises booked.

Happy Days

Just checked our three are up over £500.00. They are B to B to B.

Happy Days again.

Edited by daiB
  • Like 1

Glad for you daiB and anyone else who got what they wanted  cabins and a better price , I had to wait until today but I did pre register with our TA the other week and happy to say we got our cabin of choice on Arcadia to Canada 2021 with the pre registration price and I looked on p & o website this morning and prices for my cabin are up £100 pp already 

At this time I am not happy.  My TA did not phone me to say all was well by 10am as promised or indeed to say all not well what did I want to do.  I phoned and was promised an email which didn't come.  Phoned again at 1 to be informed they have booked me on a deck I specifically said not to book.  I gave them 16 cabins I would take and if they were not available then not to book.

Now they are phoning P+O to get it changed but have not responded back to me.  Will phone again at 4.

Got my confirmation from the TA yesterday for both cruises I wanted, with cabin numbers. Actually managed to snag one of the tiny number of single balconies on Arcadia; been trying to do that for years! No confirmation from P and O yet. If I go onto their website and login, 2 of my 2020 cruises (booked ages ago) are showing but the 3rd isn't. One 2021 is showing; the other isn't. Puzzled now.

29 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

At this time I am not happy.  My TA did not phone me to say all was well by 10am as promised or indeed to say all not well what did I want to do.  I phoned and was promised an email which didn't come.  Phoned again at 1 to be informed they have booked me on a deck I specifically said not to book.  I gave them 16 cabins I would take and if they were not available then not to book.

Now they are phoning P+O to get it changed but have not responded back to me.  Will phone again at 4.

I am glad you have got it sorted and now have what you want. This is why I prefer to speak to somebody at P&O myself and not ask somebody else to do it for me. I am happy to sacrifice any possible discount in order to be sure I am getting what I want, rather than relying on a third party acting on my instructions and possibly interpreting them more loosely and booking what I do not want.

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I am glad you have got it sorted and now have what you want. This is why I prefer to speak to somebody at P&O myself and not ask somebody else to do it for me. I am happy to sacrifice any possible discount in order to be sure I am getting what I want, rather than relying on a third party acting on my instructions and possibly interpreting them more loosely and booking what I do not want.

I suppose it depends on your own experiences. I first booked direct, was unimpressed (partly because they gave incorrect information), then switched to a highly experienced and reputable TA who have proved faultless.

And when the discount can easily run into hundreds of pounds, it’s not something I’d choose to miss!

Hi - I also used a TA  who I have used before (but never pre registered before). They were fantastic.  Got me a great price, first choice of cabin and phoned me at 8.30am this morning to confirm.  Can't get better than that.  It was a great experience and would definitely use them again.

This time I pre-registered.  Asked for cabins on D Deck.  When it went through to my TA, we were on A deck - Grrrr.  However, he has fixed it all and now on D deck.  He's great.  I have already logged in on CP for all my cruises.