The replacement of cruise personaliser

Josy1953

1 hour ago, philsuarez said:

Accessing it from your smartphone is just so much more convenient though. Always have phone on me but always forget to pick up the daily paper

I agree, both NCL and RCI have apps that work pretty well too, especially when around and about the ship.

3 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

I agree, both NCL and RCI have apps that work pretty well too, especially when around and about the ship.

Not all of us with smartphones have data packages, mine is PAYG and I never turn the data on.  I know I don't need it while on board, assuming of course that P&O offer their App with free wi fi access, but once ashore my app would be blank whereas the horizon in my pocket is always switched on.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Not all of us with smartphones have data packages, mine is PAYG and I never turn the data on.  I know I don't need it while on board, assuming of course that P&O offer their App with free wi fi access, but once ashore my app would be blank whereas the horizon in my pocket is always switched on.

We were on Marella and they have the app which is fine for phone users but not so good for some folks who don’t have a smart phone. The app was useful for making booking but I still like to look over my paper copy.

• Like 1

So today I couldn't get in to CP for my next cruise and would you believe it has changed all my details AGAIN.

So I had to log in as my husband, and my name is there, with my friend's email, her DOB, her address and her passport number.  She travels in a separate cabin with her own booking ref, but the bookings are linked.  This must be about the 12th time it has happened.  I am getting rather annoyed.

40 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So today I couldn't get in to CP for my next cruise and would you believe it has changed all my details AGAIN.

So I had to log in as my husband, and my name is there, with my friend's email, her DOB, her address and her passport number.  She travels in a separate cabin with her own booking ref, but the bookings are linked.  This must be about the 12th time it has happened.  I am getting rather annoyed.

Jean, as this has been happening to you for a long time can I suggest a phone call to P&O to ask them to delete all the information for all three of you so you can enter it all again from scratch. There’s probably something that someone did wrong without realising when it was first set up, so starting over will be the equivalent of turning your computer off and back on again when it won’t behave.

it might not work, but it’s worth a try as it must be very frustrating.

Les

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Likewise!!

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Just been on the phone for half an hour to P&O.  The wrong Peninsular number was in their database and hopefully it is now corrected.  We shall see.

Fingers crossed Jean - but I bet you won't risk holding your breath...

Thought you might find this interesting

Key dates:

My P&O Cruises will go live at 8am (UK time) on the following dates:

• Britannia - Tuesday 29 October 2019
• Azura - Monday 4 November 2019
• Iona - Monday 11 November 2019
• Aurora - Monday 11 November 2019 
• Oceana - Monday 11 November 2019
• Ventura - Monday 18 November 2019
• Arcadia - Wednesday 20 November 2019

Which cruises will go live on My P&O Cruises:

From the below 2020 cruises guests will use My P&O Cruises, when it goes live.

• Britannia - Friday 14 February 2020 (B004 >)
• Azura - Friday 21 February 2020 (A004 >)
• Iona - Thursday 14 May 2020 (G003 >)
• Aurora - Friday 28 February 2020 (R002 >) 
• Oceana - 16 February 2020 (E004N>)
• Ventura - Tuesday 17 March 2020 (N004 >)
• Arcadia - Sunday 12 April 2020 (J002 >)

Before My P&O Cruises goes live, these guests will still be able to use Cruise Personaliser. However they won’t be able to book any shore experiences, Select Dining or spa treatments in Cruise Personaliser – they will need to wait until My P&O Cruises is live.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Thanks for posting that Rupert, it’s very useful. Where did you find it? I can’t see anything about it on the P&O site, but then again it’s not the easiest to navigate.

Les.

It's from an ex colleague who is still in the trade.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for the information Rupert. They are cutting it a bit fine for cruises in March and April.

Presumably it will affect the ability to book airline seats as well for non charter?

...and that assumes that it works correctly from launch. Does anyone care to give me odds on that? 😂 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 9:31 AM, Rupert2251 said:

Thought you might find this interesting

Key dates:

My P&O Cruises will go live at 8am (UK time) on the following dates:

• Britannia - Tuesday 29 October 2019
• Azura - Monday 4 November 2019
• Iona - Monday 11 November 2019
• Aurora - Monday 11 November 2019 
• Oceana - Monday 11 November 2019
• Ventura - Monday 18 November 2019
• Arcadia - Wednesday 20 November 2019

I foresee the system crashing on 11th November then.....  Why on earth did they not decide to bring one ship on-line at a time?

23 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for the information Rupert. They are cutting it a bit fine for cruises in March and April.

Presumably it will affect the ability to book airline seats as well for non charter?

Not necessarily.  They only mention shore EXCURSIONS (😁), Select Dining and Spa appointments.  I would hope that pax will be able to book flight seats - but then, this is not just any cruise line, its P&O!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Do we have any idea what will become of all the future cruise data that has already been input to the CP. I confess that mine only contain passport and personal data, but I hope it all gets carried over.

One of my 2020 cruises is the first to go live on Tuesday (Britannia) so I will have a dabble and let you know.