transport from Port Miami to Ft lauderdale Airport

samom

I am traveling in April on SOS out of Miami. Flights for me are better out of Ft Lauderdale. There will be 7 ships in port that day. What is the best option for me. I am alone.  I am afraid it will be a madhouse trying to catch an uber. Has anyone used RCCL groundlink or their bus? Any suggestions or feedback about transport will be appreciated. I plan to take a cab from the FLL to the hotel the day before the cruise. That should not be a problem. I am just worried about the madhouse getting off the ship at the port. I have plenty of time as my flight will not leave Ft Lauderdale until 6. I know terrible time but using points and it is direct. 

5 minutes ago, samom said:

I am just worried about the madhouse getting off the ship at the port. I have plenty of time as my flight will not leave Ft Lauderdale until 6.

You should be one of the least worried with so much time to waste till you flight. Leave as late as you can, catch the free Miami Trolley (make the whole loop to waste more time), take the Orange line from the Brickell station to the airport, then TriRail to FLL station and the free bus transfer to the FLL - that route is probably the most time wasteful I can think of.

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You should be one of the least worried with so much time to waste till you flight. Leave as late as you can, catch the free Miami Trolley (make the whole loop to waste more time), take the Orange line from the Brickell station to the airport, then TriRail to FLL station and the free bus transfer to the FLL - that route is probably the most time wasteful I can think of.

sounds like a blast with all her luggage to drag around

Edited by cruisinfanatic

41 minutes ago, samom said:

I am traveling in April on SOS out of Miami. Flights for me are better out of Ft Lauderdale. There will be 7 ships in port that day. What is the best option for me. I am alone.  I am afraid it will be a madhouse trying to catch an uber. Has anyone used RCCL groundlink or their bus? Any suggestions or feedback about transport will be appreciated. I plan to take a cab from the FLL to the hotel the day before the cruise. That should not be a problem. I am just worried about the madhouse getting off the ship at the port. I have plenty of time as my flight will not leave Ft Lauderdale until 6. I know terrible time but using points and it is direct. 

You are taking a cab from FLL to a Miami hotel?

Sorry for the confusion.  I am flying into fll the day before but will stay at a Miami hotel. The rest of my party is flying in/out of Miami so it makes sense to stay the night before cruise in Miami.  Going home I fly out of Fll so will be leaving from Miami cruise port to FLL. 

1 minute ago, samom said:

Sorry for the confusion.  I am flying into fll the day before but will stay at a Miami hotel. The rest of my party is flying in/out of Miami so it makes sense to stay the night before cruise in Miami.  Going home I fly out of Fll so will be leaving from Miami cruise port to FLL. 

Taxi will be very expensive each way. You can book each way with SAS for $15

If you don't mind the cost, getting a taxi at port is very easy

I would take the SAS  shuttle for POM to FLL  then store your bags at Bags to go in the airport & head downtown

https://bagstogo.net/locations/fort-lauderdale/

or

HOHO  bus from the ship  they store your bags & drop you at the airport later in the day

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/miami/ship-to-shore-miami

Shore excursion from your ship  that drops you at FLL after the tour ..your bags stay with you

On 10/16/2019 at 10:44 AM, samom said:

UberX from FLL to a downtown Miami hotel, or even a hotel out near the MIA airport, will run about $35-40; taxi will be about double that cost.

Post cruise, as a solo, your cheapest way to the FLL airport will be a shared shuttle for about $15. Check with SAS, QLS, Go Airport, etc.  Once you get to the airport you can pay to store your bags and then head out for lunch, beach, water taxi, La s Olas, etc.