Dining Time changes.

Just wanted some help with this as we are getting a bit concerned.  We are sailing on Explorer of the Seas soon.  We always have Mytime Dining and requested this at the time of booking.  We have now been allocated 5:30 First Seating.  We have just become Diamond Members so this is certainly not going to be suitable.  The Cruise Line suggested getting the Cruise Company we booked with to send an email and they will get it changed.  The Cruise Company we booked with are refusing to do this?  They said it's a Group Booking and cannot make amendments.  Does anyone know how easy it is to change once onboard?  Past experience many years ago, was that it wasn't easy at all.  Any comments gratefully welcome as I am really uneasy. 😫  It may sound petty, but the Dining has always been a big part of our Cruise experience.  Thanks.

If it's a group booking as they say, maybe it's the only time they could fit you all in maybe?  

That said, you mention your new Diamond Status? - Is the timing a concern because you think you'll miss out on the lounge etc? You can have 3 drinks each whilst you're at dinner AND then go to the lounge after dinner before it closes to have a 'night cap' so to speak?

9 minutes ago, 3StepDam44 said:

Just wanted some help with this as we are getting a bit concerned.  We are sailing on Explorer of the Seas soon.  We always have Mytime Dining and requested this at the time of booking.  We have now been allocated 5:30 First Seating.  We have just become Diamond Members so this is certainly not going to be suitable.  The Cruise Line suggested getting the Cruise Company we booked with to send an email and they will get it changed.  The Cruise Company we booked with are refusing to do this?  They said it's a Group Booking and cannot make amendments.  Does anyone know how easy it is to change once onboard?  Past experience many years ago, was that it wasn't easy at all.  Any comments gratefully welcome as I am really uneasy. 😫  It may sound petty, but the Dining has always been a big part of our Cruise experience.  Thanks.

All you can do is go to the My Time desk as soon as you board and ask to make the change there.

Just now, 3StepDam44 said:

Thank you.  We are a Couple.  I think the Group Booking possibly refers to the Cruise Company booking a vast amount of Cabins.  We were really looking forward to the Diamond Lounge experience.😣

Ah fair enough! - they sound helpful though don't they ha ha

Yeah you'll love the lounge - irrespective of you getting your times changed, but do remember those 3 drinks if you're at dinner during the lounge times

Remember also that you both get a free photo on your cruise (we just have them take them as n when then choose our favourites on the last night) - 24hr each of internet and a few other 'handy' perks

Happy cruising 

Yes, it sounds great.  We just came off this Ship 6 weeks ago and were so excited to finally be Diamond.  Does anyone know if changes ever happen once onboard to your Dining?  Other Cruiselines we have sailed with are O about this.🤔  From past experience many year's ago RCCL were a bit more tricky.  Fingers Crossed.

Just wondered if there is anyone who has successfully managed to change from Main Seating to My Time Dining and how you did this?  We intend to go to the MTD Restaurant once onboard and plead if necessary.  On our last Cruise, several people were not permitted to change to MTD though.😣

1 minute ago, 3StepDam44 said:

Just wondered if there is anyone who has successfully managed to change from Main Seating to My Time Dining and how you did this?  We intend to go to the MTD Restaurant once onboard and plead if necessary.  On our last Cruise, several people were not permitted to change to MTD though.😣

All about availability I guess as MTD is quite a popular with a lot of cruisers now so it's always going to be in high demand!

As others have said, all you can do is hunt out the maitre 'd and ask them if they can help you - fingers crossed you may hit lucky!

I can’t speak to the change you are trying to make - but on our Symphony cruise in April, we had early dining and an amazing waiter.   The 5:30 dining time for us was a challenge but we really wanted to stick with him.   We talked to the head waiter about it and she arranged for us to be able to start at 6pm instead of 5:30pm.    We were a party of 8 - as a party of 2 - you guys might be able to request a delayed start as well!   We just agreed to let them know ahead of time if we weren’t going to be at dinner so they would free up the table (on SY, if diners aren’t in their seats by 6pm, they allow MTD to be seated in those areas)

2 hours ago, 3StepDam44 said:

Send a email request to  rcldining@rccl.com and they can change it for you.  Worked for us....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Send a email request to  rcldining@rccl.com and they can change it for you.  Worked for us...

I'm not sure the folks at that address will change the dining type, especially when someone booked with a TA.

23 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Send a email request to  rcldining@rccl.com and they can change it for you.  Worked for us....

It's worth a try, but they have told me they don't do anything about My Time.

You can get your dining time changes on boarding day.  Simply go to the dining room (usually around 2pm) and tell them what you'd prefer.  They WANT you to be happy.    They will do their best to get what you want.

Since you went through a TA, you are in "their group"....

When we booked we had to be waitlisted for my time. After 5 weeks we had the my time. But now the bf wants to go back to the 530 seating and is gonna ask when we get on. I dont really care which we have

No pleading is necessary.  As soon as you board, go to the MDR and there will be Maitre D's present that are ready to make dining modifications.

6 hours ago, 3StepDam44 said:

Yes, that is our plan.  Hopefully they will change us.😊

Might be much easier onboard to change to late seating, you can take that final double cocktail down to dinner from the DL.  You can also get a few bottles of water durning happy hours to load up the fridge in the room for the following day. happy cruising