Latitudes 20% off mistake?

Punnymaker

9 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Well, I can't ignore a request for help, LOL.  

When are you planning to cruise and do you have a specific cruise in mind?  I have 12 pages (double sided) of cruises which are still eligible for the 20% discount.  I was advised that, as time goes on, this list could get smaller (more marketing ploy I suspect). 

Let me know what you're looking for/at and I'll check it for you. 

BTW, I use the link in the Latitudes email I receive from NCL. Not sure if that makes a difference but perhaps it does. 

Cheers

Well we are looking to book the Escape for 2/29/20.  This date I know for sure.  The other is up in the air but even if I could nail down the 2/29 date, I'm a happy cruiser.  Thank you so much for checking.  About to sift through my email to see if I have an offer.

28 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Well we are looking to book the Escape for 2/29/20.  This date I know for sure.  The other is up in the air but even if I could nail down the 2/29 date, I'm a happy cruiser.  Thank you so much for checking.  About to sift through my email to see if I have an offer.

Do you have any alternative dates? I've checked this cruise every which way but Sunday and no, it's not discounted anymore.  It is on my list but, as mentioned, the list can change. Sorry. 

Put a cruise on hold...just so I could get the Cruise confirmation page from Norwegian.

On the confirmation page there is no "Lattitude" in the list of promo codes (even though the web page says you should get 20% + extra lattitudes points)...that compares to a cruise I did last year where I also got the extra Lattitudes points and there was a code in the Promo Codes section that said Lattitude.  Also, no 20% discount.

• Like 1

For a bit there, I was thinking the offer had ended, however, I just checked the TA I'm booked on and it's still offering the 20% off.  I do think they might have reduced the number of cruises included in the offer but not sure. 

"Plus, because you're a Latitudes Member, we've reduced your cruise fare by 20%. You'll also receive 1 additional Latitudes point per night for booking this sailing."

So, I'd keep looking and I'm happy to check my list to see if it still qualifies. 

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Do you have any alternative dates? I've checked this cruise every which way but Sunday and no, it's not discounted anymore.  It is on my list but, as mentioned, the list can change. Sorry. 

Thank you so much for checking.  Afraid, that date is set in stone.  😩

I think they've dumped a lot of the cruises listed for the discount.  Your specific cruise, while on the list, isn't discounted either. 

Sorry. 
Didn't see it on the list in the past, but thought I'd double check. Thanks![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

That's the reason why it is not working for so many of us.  They send a list with all these cruises and when you try it, it doesn't give the discount. 

But, many people won't check to see the before price and think they are getting the 20% off, even though they are not.  It is just the people who know to check logged in or logged out that know there is actually no discount.  It has worked for some cruises, but obviously has not worked for many. 

Also, I just got a new email yesterday advertising it!  So, you can't tell me that the cruises that were listed on that email are already sold out of the 20% price! Total win for NCL because most people will never check.  

Spoke to an agent today to see if I would have better luck with the 20% discount over the phone.  The sailing I'm looking at has a past guest discount star in the list of promotions but the agent said it was an IT mistake.  I pressed the issue and spoke with a supervisor who said they too were unable to "draw it into the system" meaning that they were trying to honor it (because I called) but the system would not let them over ride the price.  Both the agent and the supervisor were apologetic and I don't blame them.  They are at the mercy of their own IT department and I'm sure they've fielded lots of calls like mine.  As an aside, the agent did tell me that tomorrow a new past guest promotion is being rolled out that includes $200 OBC.  In the past I've seen that offered to every new booking though, not just past guests.  Guess we will see...

As for the cruise I wanted, I'm not too worried.  There's lots of cabins available in the category I want so Im just going to watch the prices...may end up being a non-issue in the long run.  I wish NCL's IT department would get with the program!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

As an aside, the agent did tell me that tomorrow a new past guest promotion is being rolled out that includes $200 OBC.  In the past I've seen that offered to every new booking though, not just past guests.  Guess we will see...

Good to know - one of my booked (but not paid) cruises is still applying the 20% promo when I do a mock booking - I'll be checking to see if I can get some OBC added to that!

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Good to know - one of my booked (but not paid) cruises is still applying the 20% promo when I do a mock booking - I'll be checking to see if I can get some OBC added to that!

Do you mind sharing that itinerary/date/ship?  Never know... it might work for our schedule. 

22 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Spoke to an agent today to see if I would have better luck with the 20% discount over the phone.  The sailing I'm looking at has a past guest discount star in the list of promotions but the agent said it was an IT mistake.  I pressed the issue and spoke with a supervisor who said they too were unable to "draw it into the system" meaning that they were trying to honor it (because I called) but the system would not let them over ride the price.  Both the agent and the supervisor were apologetic and I don't blame them.  They are at the mercy of their own IT department and I'm sure they've fielded lots of calls like mine.  As an aside, the agent did tell me that tomorrow a new past guest promotion is being rolled out that includes $200 OBC.  In the past I've seen that offered to every new booking though, not just past guests.  Guess we will see...

As for the cruise I wanted, I'm not too worried.  There's lots of cabins available in the category I want so Im just going to watch the prices...may end up being a non-issue in the long run.  I wish NCL's IT department would get with the program!

I tried booking 2 cruises I have had my eye on for a while now.  Both are offered as 20% off and extra Latitude point plus the perks that come with whatever cabin category you select.  I took a screen capture of the offer which clearly shows it as well as the date and time.  When I spoke to my NCL cruise consultant neither one showed any of the offerings.  He said that it is a mistake.  He did say that he will forward it to his supervisor, so will  have to wait and see if there is any accommodation.  If not I will contact Corporate but want to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

19 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

I tried booking 2 cruises I have had my eye on for a while now.  Both are offered as 20% off and extra Latitude point plus the perks that come with whatever cabin category you select.  I took a screen capture of the offer which clearly shows it as well as the date and time.  When I spoke to my NCL cruise consultant neither one showed any of the offerings.  He said that it is a mistake.  He did say that he will forward it to his supervisor, so will  have to wait and see if there is any accommodation.  If not I will contact Corporate but want to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Good that you took a screen shot bc IT has "fixed" the problem and it no longer shows the 20% off on the cruise I was watching.  Hope it works out!  Please report back.

Cruise lines are famous for using not so transparent marketing techniques. NCL has now risen to the level of outright dishonesty. I just booked a cruise through the Latitudes Insider Offer link on the NCL website because the current past guest offer included an additional latitude point per night. The cruise was identified as a participating cruise on the link identifying "applicable sailings". The actual listing itself when pulled up clearly identified it as a participating cruise.

After having booked the cruise I reviewed my cruise confirmation and it did not include the promo code for the extra night. 

I called and discussed this issue with a reservation supervisor with no result. A call to the corporate headquarters didn't help either. Their position was that it wasn't on their list so it was not a participating cruise. When I complained that the only information that I can go by is what is presented on their web site, the reservation supervisor stated that the NCL site wasn't really theirs.   WHAT!!!!!!

I am not going to say that i will never cruise NCL again as I have cruised a number of sailing with them and probably will again in the future. But I am really disappointed in NCL at this point.