Coco Cay Tips

Abm234b

We are on the Symphony in December. This will be our first time to Coco Cay. We are looking for tips. Where is the best/calmest area to sit at the beach? We have a party of 7 with Grandpa and Grandma, 15 yo, 15 yo, 11 year old. Is the waterpark worth the money? Have wait times at the waterpark been prohibitive?

Based on the title of the thread, I came to this looking for a show. 🤣   Moving on... 

The water park was fun with barely any wait on any slide when we were there on October 5th on the Navigator. We paid $47 each for the water park, and I found that to be an excellent value, and would likely pay more. Going on the Symphony, obviously there will be more people, but hopefully they will spread out more, and you can enjoy the slides without much of a wait. Sailing in December my also ease the water park crowds.

Have a great time.  

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2019 at 5:01 PM, Mikew0805 said:

Based on the title of the thread, I came to this looking for a show. 🤣   Moving on... 

The water park was fun with barely any wait on any slide when we were there on October 5th on the Navigator. We paid $47 each for the water park, and I found that to be an excellent value, and would likely pay more. Going on the Symphony, obviously there will be more people, but hopefully they will spread out more, and you can enjoy the slides without much of a wait. Sailing in December my also ease the water park crowds.

Have a great time.  

I thought I saw tickets were $99. I wonder if they hike them up based on the fact that it is a "holiday cruise"? Thanks for your input. 

7 hours ago, Abm234b said:

I thought I saw tickets were $99. I wonder if they hike them up based on the fact that it is a "holiday cruise"? Thanks for your input. 

They hike up restaurant prices, stands to reason others are hiked as well.

They were $52 a few weeks ago for my March 2020 cruise, I could kick myself for not buying them then.  Now they are up to $99.   Any one ever seen a price drop after they have gone up?

Edited by JLDMED
  • Like 1

Check the local tides schedule for the day when you're going to be there. If the low tide is going to happen during the hours when you're going to be on shore, then I recommend grabbing a few loungers in the Harbor Beach area right at the time of your arrival. Harbor Beach remains nice and usable even when the tide goes out by 3 vertical feet. At low tide the other beach areas were abandoned by people while all the birds gathered in for a seafood lunch.

A regular tide at CocoCay is just over two vertical feet. On our visit the low tide was -3' and it made a huge difference. This only lasts for about an hour before the sea starts to visibly creep back up, but still it is something to be aware of.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Seriously, are there ever discounts such as by email for the water park?

We recently booked excursions with a discount emailed to us on a Jan Celebrity sailing coming up before our RCCL sailing in June 2020.  Currently the price is $79pp.

Thanks.

🦜🌴️🛥

Edited by true45

17 minutes ago, rhuntington3 said:

Yeah, I had booked a Thrillpark Cabana at $799 then it went down to $499 so I cancelled and rebooked and now they are sold out but their price shows $998.  This sailing is Harmony on 3/8/2020.

I had better keep watching ⛴🌈

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 3:56 PM, rhuntington3 said:

Yeah, I had booked a Thrillpark Cabana at $799 then it went down to $499 so I cancelled and rebooked and now they are sold out but their price shows $998.  This sailing is Harmony on 3/8/2020.

I booked a ThrillPark Cabana (actually 2) for our group of 10 for our Harmony May 3, 2020 cruise at $499 per. happy with the pricing compared to when they were first released for my sale date. 

Any idea just how many cabana's there are at this location?

We had a Chill Island cabana which was great for our group of 5 adults (one in wheelchair) and two children.  The water was calm, warm, and clear.  Plenty of clean sand and easy access.  Easy to swim and snorkel from that area.  Our cabana attendant got lunch and drinks for us and also brought extras like cookies, funnel cake, and fruit kabobs.  We did not use the water park or the pool since we enjoyed the beach.  The children had fun on the pirate ship play area for no extra charge.  The only negative for the day was difficult access for the wheelchair.  We did get a beach wheelchair with no trouble but it would be nice if more areas were paved since the beach wheelchairs are a bit hard to push.

CocoCay island is a private property and does not have permanent residents. There's no local market for stolen goods, and as such no financial gain can be obtained by stealing stuff. Consequently the chances of something being stolen directly correlates with chances of some cruiser willing to steal something from a fellow cruiser, and then take those stolen goods back aboard the ship to sell it elsewhere or to appropriate it for themselves. Anyone who believes that theft is rampant on Royal Caribbean cruises should hold on to their beach towels at all times. Everyone else is welcomed to be ignorant and enjoy their vacation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PatMunits said:

CocoCay island is a private property and does not have permanent residents. There's no local market for stolen goods, and as such no financial gain can be obtained by stealing stuff.  ...

There are local workers that are ferried to and from Coco Cay every day.

• Like 2

The only people on CocoCay who walked near the loungers were either the cruise travelers or uniformed Royal Caribbean attendants. All construction workers are behind the temporary fence that cruisers are not permitted to cross for obvious safety/liability reasons. Our fellow cruisers are most definitely the primary security concern that we need to be aware of. The other cruisers on my ship were all wonderful people who enjoyed their vacation just as much as my family did. My opinion of  CocoCay is that it's way safer and more secure than any spot on a beach in Florida or even at any water park in Disneyworld.