Alaska 2021-Haven or not?

CharmCity2000

I know actual itineraries have not been released yet but I think both the Bliss and Encore will be sailing Alaska.  I’ve ruled out the Joy as there is no thermal spa.  As I’m starting to plan, I want to know if the Haven is something I should consider.  What appeals to me to the private deck space and private pool area.  But I’m wondering how much that will be used on an Alaska cruise.  Most likely we will sailing in mid June.  If I don’t go with a haven suite, I would do a balcony cabin.  I’m not really interested in any of the other amenities of a suite except the ability to find some peace and quiet.

thanks for the input!

Not a regular cruiser like many on this board.   We'll likely only do the Alaskan trip once ....booked in early June, 2020 - Seward to Vancouver.   We have a 2 bedroom Haven suite on the Jewel.   Given that we don't cruise much and this is one of our bucket list trips... we just booked the Haven - more or less a "no regret" decision - hopefully NCL will show us why the Haven is worth the extra cash.   Jewel is a smaller ship (we wanted that) and it sounds like it has some private areas for kicking back and relaxing .. hopefully fall deep into a great book.  While we like to swim the Haven pool looks a little small (more like a lap or big jacuzzi)   

1 hour ago, sr71_1 said:

Not a regular cruiser like many on this board.   We'll likely only do the Alaskan trip once ....booked in early June, 2020 - Seward to Vancouver.   We have a 2 bedroom Haven suite on the Jewel.   Given that we don't cruise much and this is one of our bucket list trips... we just booked the Haven - more or less a "no regret" decision - hopefully NCL will show us why the Haven is worth the extra cash.   Jewel is a smaller ship (we wanted that) and it sounds like it has some private areas for kicking back and relaxing .. hopefully fall deep into a great book.  While we like to swim the Haven pool looks a little small (more like a lap or big jacuzzi)   

We stayed in the same type cabin on the Jewel. Second bathroom was really nice to,have. Jacuzzi  in Haven area is nice. No Haven restaurant so we did miss having uncrowned dining in the evening. You will have to do MDR, Buffet or pay for Specialty Dining. No Haven Observation area but, balcony works best for Glacier Viewing. Could go up on top deck above Haven Pool AreA , outside so would be cold.

We did bliss in Alaska and loved everything about the haven!  We had indoor pool and hot tub on cold days, two great hot tubs on haven sundeck in warm weather, priority on/off boat, haven bar and restaurant. Really only way to travel!  And let me not forget that gorgeous uncrowned lounge!  I’d run there every morning to see where we were!

Edited by erdoran

2 hours ago, CharmCity2000 said:

I know actual itineraries have not been released yet but I think both the Bliss and Encore will be sailing Alaska.  I’ve ruled out the Joy as there is no thermal spa.  As I’m starting to plan, I want to know if the Haven is something I should consider.  What appeals to me to the private deck space and private pool area.  But I’m wondering how much that will be used on an Alaska cruise.  Most likely we will sailing in mid June.  If I don’t go with a haven suite, I would do a balcony cabin.  I’m not really interested in any of the other amenities of a suite except the ability to find some peace and quiet.

thanks for the input!

The itineraries have actually been out since spring.  Encore takes over the current Bliss itinerary with Glacier Bay, and Bliss moves onto the Endicott Arm/ISP route.  Joy moves to NY for Bermuda runs, so that wouldn't be an option anyway.

33 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

The itineraries have actually been out since spring.  Encore takes over the current Bliss itinerary with Glacier Bay, and Bliss moves onto the Endicott Arm/ISP route.  Joy moves to NY for Bermuda runs, so that wouldn't be an option anyway.

Thank you for this.   I didn’t realize that.  

I would say that with the new ships where the Haven had its own observation lounge that having Haven access is a must. Since all suites on these ships have it I would go for it. AK is great for see days - there is usually wildlife on the shore and in the water not to mention all the wonderful scenery.