Sea Dog's Harmony "As If Live" Review Pre & Post with Food, Whiskey & Key,, Oh My!

Sea Dog

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

After the Chef’s table we decided to relax and watch our home team the Kansas City Chiefs play on the big screens in the Aqua Theater. If your going to watch sports on a cruise why not on a big screen out in the middle of the Caribbean!!

I was heart-sick on that quarterback sneak.  Not sure if Andy called that one or Mahomes.  He is one of my Fantasy quarterbacks so that hurt as well.  Hubs is a Packers fan so tonight should be interesting. 😁

(Army brat originally from KCMO, die-hard Chiefs fan)

Edited by jk04
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

I was heart-sick on that quarterback sneak. 

Imagine to our surprise we come out of the Chef's table to watch the game in the Aqua theater and the first thing I notice is "Where is Patrick?" It took a long time till the announcers went back and told what happened.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 10:12 PM, tomservo said:

How were the entrees? Was thinking about getting the lasagna at Jamie's next time I'm on.

We just got off Harmony and ate twice at Jamie's.  We were a party of five adults, two children.  Entrees were all great - my husband had the lasagne both nights and really enjoyed it.  They also brought us a couple of almost every appetizer and pastas on the menu set up on planks for sharing.  Great food and great service!

• Like 2

On 10/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, rhuntington3 said:

I'm still waffling if I want to upgrade from my iPhone XR to the iPhone 11 Pro.

And I'm still deciding what to upgrade my perfectly good iPhone 5S to. Have been told by many it is an "Antique". But it still works perfectly.😁📱

27 minutes ago, Oakman said:

And I'm still deciding what to upgrade my perfectly good iPhone 5S to.

If you want to stay in the Apple camp and still have an audio jack, a refurbed 6S (which can be upgraded to latest iOS and supports things like WiFi calling) can be had for well under $200 (7 can also be had for that but you lose the audio jack).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, atush said:

I loved the look of that menu ay Cheofs table.  But all white wine?  No red?  That would make me unhappy.

Tried Chefs Table on 2 cruises and each time found the wine to be bottom shelf and barely drinkable.  With all of the postings of $$$$$ whiskey I find it difficult to imagine the wine served was enjoyable.  Seldom drink white wine.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

If you want to stay in the Apple camp and still have an audio jack, a refurbed 6S (which can be upgraded to latest iOS and supports things like WiFi calling) can be had for well under $200 (7 can also be had for that but you lose the audio jack).

Also an SE, which has the audio jack.

8 hours ago, atush said:

I loved the look of that menu ay Cheofs table.  But all white wine?  No red?  That would make me unhappy.

I did not get a picture, but Red was served with the Filet. Honig Cabernet Sauvignon  Blanc. It tasted good to me but I am not a wine expert at all. You can see all the wines that were served on the menu screen captures to judge whether they were worthy or not.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

I am really enjoying your pictures and commentary. The pics and videos are awesome. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Thank you so much for following and your feedback. I will be posting more adventures tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dancingfish said:

Dang-- now i am thinking I need a phone upgrade!!  new Iphone or a new underwater phone??? 

thanks for sharing!! I am loving this and I am not even scheduled for your ship!

I still don’t feel comfortable using the iPhone for a underwater camera. I would go with a Go-Pro for underwater photography.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I still don’t feel comfortable using the iPhone for a underwater camera. I would go with a Go-Pro for underwater photography.

I accidentally took my XS in with me (along with my wallet) while in St. Kitts and it didn't skip a beat, but I totally understand.  The water proof phone cases work well too as long as you aren't going scuba diving.

• Like 1

Sea Dog.... maybe you can answer a few questions for me.  In addition to the MDR and Windjammer, I know we can get breakfast at Johnny Rocket's and the Solarium Bistro.  Anywhere else?  Also, can you give me an idea of what items were on the dinner menu (MDR) for an upcharge, and how much was the charge?  Were those items available every night?

7 minutes ago, Ren1216 said:

Sea Dog.... maybe you can answer a few questions for me.  In addition to the MDR and Windjammer, I know we can get breakfast at Johnny Rocket's and the Solarium Bistro.  Anywhere else?  Also, can you give me an idea of what items were on the dinner menu (MDR) for an upcharge, and how much was the charge?  Were those items available every night?

In addition to those you mentioned which are correct. The Park Cafe in Central Park is open for breakfast from 7am -11am. Johnny Rockets is open for breakfast from 7:30am -9:30am   and the Solarium Bistro 7am-10am. Windjammer from 7am-11am and MDR 7:30am -9am.

For dinner in the MDR you can get premium selections like Whole Maine Lobster for $29.95, Chops Grille Filet Mignon for $16.95 and Surf and Turf 9oz Lobster Tail and and Filet for $34.94.

All this information can be found in the Royal App. We ate mainly in the MDR for breakfast, but we also ate in the Solarium which was nice and quiet and less crowded.

Sea Dog,

We recently upgraded our 2 iPhones to iPhone 11s -

In two weeks we will be doing a distillery tour at Buffalo Trace Distillery -

We have b2b cruises booked on Harmony of the Seas in February -

Needless to say we are thoroughly enjoying your amazing review.

Great job!

• Like 1

Just now, mtzionillini said:

Sea Dog,

We recently upgraded our 2 iPhones to iPhone 11s -

In two weeks we will be doing a distillery tour at Buffalo Trace Distillery -

We have b2b cruises booked on Harmony of the Seas in February -

Needless to say we are thoroughly enjoying your amazing review.

Great job!

Thank you so much. Buffalo Trace and Harmony, two of my favorite things. Some day in the future we are going to drive down to Port Canaveral about a week early before a cruise and do some of the tours along the Bourbon Trail. I know you will have a blast. If you find a bottle of Pappy buy it and enjoy it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you so much. Buffalo Trace and Harmony, two of my favorite things. Some day in the future we are going to drive down to Port Canaveral about a week early before a cruise and do some of the tours along the Bourbon Trail. 

We just went to Buffalo Trace last Saturday. Very interesting place. Had lots of fun with the tour. They took us into Blanton’s Bottling Hall where they were hand bottling Blanton’s. Unfortunately, they didn’t have any for sale that day.

If you make it to Buffalo Trace, take some extra time that day and visit Woodford Reserve Distillery. It’s only about 20 minutes away from BT and the two distilleries are so different. BT is the big cooperate distillery that has been around forever and Woodford is a nice smaller distillery in the middle of horse farms that has been operating for only 23 years (as Woodford) . Both were a fun visit.

• Like 2