buying jewellery onboard

Raynebaby

Has anyone every bought jewellery on board? I'm thinking of getting myself a new wedding band. nothing with any stones or diamonds since I cant wear it at work. is the quality good? I'm not looking for anything super fancy or very expensive but I would want to make sure it's real gold. Any experiences?

To be honest, most of what they sell for ladies is full of stones.  I would be looking at home or on line.  I suggest James Avery, who have some lovely designs in yellow and white gold (as well as lots of silver).  EM

3 minutes ago, Raynebaby said:

I might be better off looking for one during our time in Rome instead. Thanks for the reply. unfortunately i cant wear any stones at work which is why I don't wear my original one

Are you going to Florence?  I still covet my mother in law's wedding band from their visit to Florence in the early 70's as a replacement to her original band. Beautiful filagree gold.  That might be a problem if in a hospital environment for cleaning, but even when I was there in 2002, the Ponte Vecchio still was full of gold and jewelry stores and my, they have beautiful unique designs to snap up. Nothing like you see in North America. 

20 minutes ago, Capricruiser said:

Try the EFFY shop on board most MSC ships.  My wife loves it

Look at Macys in the states first as they carry EFFY. Don't know if Macys is in Canada? Go online to Macys, too.

1 hour ago, Raynebaby said:

....mine has to have absolutely no diamonds or any stones or I can't wear it at work. but thanks for the suggestions

And you made that abundantly clear form your OP....guess some did not read it closely enough!

47 minutes ago, hamrag said:

And you made that abundantly clear form your OP....guess some did not read it closely enough!

I shop Macy's weekly and see Effy jewelry there. Are some people saying that Macys Effy would not have something that would meet their requirements or needs? 

Or, Is someone trying to be snarky instead of trying to help a person with valuable suggestions?  How shallow can one be?

On 10/24/2019 at 10:38 AM, morrieb1 said:

Edited by Oxo

I dont want something from Macy's. plus I dont live in the us. I'm not saying it's not good enough. I want it as a souvenir from my trip to Europe as well as be able to wear as a wedding band since I'm not able to wear my original at work. I didnt want something I could buy anywhere i wanted it to be from Europe. 

9 minutes ago, Raynebaby said:

I dont want something from Macy's. plus I dont live in the us. I'm not saying it's not good enough. I want it as a souvenir from my trip to Europe as well as be able to wear as a wedding band since I'm not able to wear my original at work. I didnt want something I could buy anywhere i wanted it to be from Europe. 

I'm sorry you feel I was trying to have you buy something from Macys. I made the suggestion trying to help you. 

I posted the pictures to prove to the person who seemed to be smart, that Macys does have what you described. 

I can read and understood what your requirements were. 

This may be an example of me keeping my experience and help to myself and minding my own business. 

Wish you luck on your purchase. 

Happy Cruisinga

no dont feel that way. that's now what I meant. what you did post is what I like I was looking for. I did look on the effy site and there wasnt anything without stones. if I have time I will look in Rome and if not I will check the ship. I do appreciate your help. And there is nothing wrong with jewellery from Macy's but for this I would like it to be something I cant buy here and from Europe. 

23 hours ago, Oxo said:

I shop Macy's weekly and see Effy jewelry there. Are some people saying that Macys Effy would not have something that would meet their requirements or needs? 

Or, Is someone trying to be snarky instead of trying to help a person with valuable suggestions?  How shallow can one be?

I haven't seen any Effy jewelry at Macy's (or elsewhere) without stones. Stones are their thing.

20 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I haven't seen any Effy jewelry at Macy's (or elsewhere) without stones. Stones are their thing.

20 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Where do you shop at MACYS? Does it have to be an Effy ring? 

Macy's has many rings without stones regardless if it is Effy. Personally,  I would not buy anything from EFFY as it is just like Diamonds International. Overpriced! 

The person wants to buy in Europe, so that may exclude Macys. Don't know if Macy's is in Europe.

What you suggestion? 

10 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Follow along:

1. OP wants a ring without stones.

2. Someone suggested Effy.

3. Effy doesn't do jewelry without stones.

Q.E.D.

Why don't you just read all my posts on this? I even posted RINGS without stones. 

Move on!