Frustrating and Disappointing experience with Regent Head Office.

clarky

I'm at Platinum level so I have a few days on Regent and always found their communication and on board organization to be very good.  I returned from my last cruise with them on the 8th of September.  Weeks later I received a letter stating that if I booked another cruise within 45 days of my last cruise I was eligible for an on board credit.  The letter arrived a few days before the expiry date.  I had booked a last minute 14 day cruise leaving on the 6th of December (paid in full as it was last minute) I contact my travel agent and she contact them before the expiry date (by about a day).  She received a reply saying as we had paid in full we were not eligible for the credit.  Nowhere in the letter did it stipulate that if you had booked and paid for a cruise in full you were not eligible. I would understand if you booked a future cruise on board but I booked this cruise after September the 8th.  My travel agent has tried hard to deal with them but keeps getting the same answer - no.  First they said it was because we did not fall into the 45 day period.  When she sent information to correct this they then said we had paid in full and would not get the credit.  It is not a huge amount of money for them or me but why send me the offer if they had no intention of giving me the credit.  Does anyone know who I should try to contact to air my grievance. 

It stated a new booking within 45 days of your last cruise and the booking was.  I'm not a give up kind of person and I checked the minuscule terms and conditions before I applied. Just irritates me when offers are made and then they try to worm out of them.

You could try another cruise line or just smile and take the cruise that you have booked.

it is annoying when these small nit picking issues arise.

I always write a letter to the Chairman/President/CEO of a company and it usually gets dealt with and with the right outcome.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me.  I’d keep after them...unless there were specific exclusions in the offer I’d say they’re legally bound to honor it.  And honestly, even if they’re not it’s probably a small enough amount they should just honor it anyhow, especially for a Platinum customer.

Seriously, I’ve read about things like this in the past and Regent steps up about 99% of the time...but they always seem to make people jump through hoops to get what they were promised.  It sure doesn’t match the ‘6 star service’ they provide onboard, and it tarnishes the rest of the experience.

Im pretty sure Regent uses the ‘first initial last name’ email convention, so if you know who you want to address this to you can try that...like ‘ibigwig@rssc.com’, for example.  That should get to the right people... 

Good luck.