Charge for ice water on the epic?

Fairway Cruiser

On 10/24/2019 at 6:47 AM, purpleally said:

Not true. You will be charged if you have regular drink package. 

Included with the upgrade to premium plus or whatever they are calling it drink package 

Thanks for clarifying.  I was actually referring to the Premium Plus.  Just forgot to type that.

3 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

Wow, I MUST have a large size bottle of water to rinse the ship-created water out of my hair after I wash it.  I initially thought I could bring one on (short cruise) but it looks like that is a no???  I wonder if I can bring a note from my hairdresser?  

We are staying in the large Owners Villa--and I wonder if that will matter?

I also only drink ice tea??

I may have to cancel if I can't get this cleared up.

Ok, well if that is the case I think I would definitely order a bottled water package for your cabin.  

1313404371_ScreenShot2019-10-28at12_59_19AM.thumb.png.61215d91986e4c01ffc51811797ea0cf.png

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:04 PM, Fairway Cruiser said:

Is it true that there is a charge for ice water (not bottled water) in the buffet and restaurants on the epic?

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:06 PM, Gershep said:

Not true

The day that there is a charge for water, ice or for dining in the 'Garden Cafe' on NCL is the day that I will either stop cruising and either return to HAL or to Land Stays/Land Tours!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

Wow, I MUST have a large size bottle of water to rinse the ship-created water out of my hair after I wash it.  I initially thought I could bring one on (short cruise) but it looks like that is a no???  I wonder if I can bring a note from my hairdresser?  

Joking?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

Huh?  Ship doesn’t create ANY water.  It’s the same water that’s available in your home from a similar (on board) processing plant, that’s probably more sophisticated than anything that comes through your home shower.

Edited by graphicguy

4 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

Where do people get these ideas (which lead to rumors)? Do you honestly think they will charge for water? Sure, that's what a cruise line needs... a bunch of dehydrated cruisers.  

Maybe they get these ideas after reading it on cruisecritic?

The question was asked after reading it on cruisecritic so I think it was a valid question. 

16 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Maybe they get these ideas after reading it on cruisecritic?

The question was asked after reading it on cruisecritic so I think it was a valid question. 

Which is why you should always get your information from NCL and not a third party website.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

Which is why you should always get your information from NCL and not a third party website.

They saw it on this website and asked about it on this website, what is the problem with that?

I see many questions here everyday which could be answered by different cruiselines and see no reason to comment about that. Sometimes the answer people get here is more correct than the answer they get if they ask the cruiseline.

I looked at some of your other posts and saw that you thought that a question about the entertainment on longer cruises was an excellent question. Why was that question better to ask here? Only NCL can answer that question so it's better to ask NCL about that. OPs question was easy for many to answer here so this was a good place to ask that question.

Edited by sverigecruiser

• 4 weeks later...

I have requested a pitcher of ice water for my cabin on several NCL ships and was told by room service and manager that I would be charged $7.95 for it. However, since then I have simply taken a glass of ice water from the closest bar to my room.

Edited by Gypsygirl100%
additional information

54 minutes ago, Gypsygirl100% said:

I have requested a pitcher of ice water for my cabin on several NCL ships and was told by room service and manager that I would be charged $7.95 for it. However, since then I have simply taken a glass of ice water from the closest bar to my room.

Just bring a large refillable bottle - there are lots of insulated options.  Glasses provided by the buffet area are ridiculously tiny and sometimes it's a decent walk to a bar.  Better to stock up while it's handy and be good for a few hours.

1 hour ago, Gypsygirl100% said:

Did you ask your Cabin Steward for it?  If you order from room service, it would incur the room service charge.

Edited by NLH Arizona

On 10/27/2019 at 8:12 PM, valleyvillage said:

I think this is the problem (https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=481)

Not included with your cruise fare:

•  Gratuities ($14.99 per person, per day or $17.99 per person, per day for those staying in suites)
  •  Automatic beverage and spa tips (20 percent for both)
  •  Ice water, tea (including iced tea), coffee and select juices in the buffet
  •  Cirque Dreams dinner shows
  •  Spa treatments and most fitness classes
  •  Shore excursions
  •  Wi-Fi
  •  Late night (after 10:30 p.m.) group babysitting
  •  Activities including, but not limited to, wine and whiskey tastings, bowling at O'Sheehan's, arcade games and bingo
  •  Photos and artwork

That's also wrong for the service charge amount - albeit not by much.

From NCL's website:

• $18 USD per person per day for The Haven, Concierge and Suites
    • $15 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

2 hours ago, Gypsygirl100% said:

A pitcher of ice water comes from room service, hence the $7.95 charge.

An ice bucket, filled with ice, comes from your cabin steward - for free upon request.

We had a freshly filled ice bucket every day (twice a day) on all cruises to date - including last month on the Escape. 

Melting ice = ice water.

We brought a refillable (insulated) bottle, and it was perfect.

7 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Wow, first I've heard.  Most have said the Cabin Steward just brings it.  Maybe too many started asking for it.

IMHO, I just think it's insane for them to give people all the alcohol they can drink, and then make it difficult to get water.

I have been charged for ice water in specialty restaurants using the drink package...it was a couple of years ago on Star...can’t remember on Dawn last year..we pushed back a little, but servers said it was policy and they seemed embarrassed...we did not push issue

57 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

I have been charged for ice water in specialty restaurants using the drink package...it was a couple of years ago on Star...can’t remember on Dawn last year..we pushed back a little, but servers said it was policy and they seemed embarrassed...we did not push issue

We always get water (tap water) with ice in restaurants - both free and specialty - and have never been charged.  No drink package is necessary for tap water with ice.

Perhaps a misunderstanding occurred and they thought you asked for bottled or other non-tap water.

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

Yes. If you order bottled water or sparkling water in a restaurant they will charge you. Since bottles waters are people’s preference, that is what  the waiters will push.