Anytime Dining Wine

KevintheIrishDJ

2 hours ago, wheezedr said:

Your waiter in anytime will get your wine for you.  Not a problem 

Totally true.  Just have to be patient and not mind waiting.  With TD, your waiter should already have any unfinished wine(s) already fetched and at the table.

12 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

What about buffet or Alfredo's or Crown?

Never tried the buffet, but we have had wines brought into these dining areas from the the prior night TD and have had left over wine the next night at TD.

Edited by TheRabbit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Or just take them back to cabin with you?  What if you want a drink some time?  Oops, have to wait until dinner.

No,

You make sure you have more wine in the room for anytime drinking. It's that easy! LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They store all the wine in the same place in the gally so it is no problem for any waiter to go get your bottle of wine which will have your cabin number on it.  The alcohol storage area is in a large cage and has one attendant to take care of it.  I did a UST and saw the cage which was locked at that time of course.   if you purchase a bottle of wine, the waiter has to go to that cage to get it issued as well.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

They store all the wine in the same place in the gally so it is no problem for any waiter to go get your bottle of wine which will have your cabin number on it.  The alcohol storage area is in a large cage and has one attendant to take care of it.  I did a UST and saw the cage which was locked at that time of course.   if you purchase a bottle of wine, the waiter has to go to that cage to get it issued as well.

Yep

Galley tours and Chef's dinners will also take you right by the cage.

Every cruise line just tags your bottle with your cabin number.  We've been lucky enough, also, to have waiters who recognize us and just know.  Last Princess cruise, we were in Club Class--so, they were really good at it...but it does bring up one funny story...

It was on Celebrity Reflection...and a 12 night cruise...in Anytime Dining...

We had a bottle of Pinot Grigio first night, but didn't finish it...just had a glass each...Next night, we had some wine by the glass before dinner and just walked in with it...never asked for our bottle...Third night, because the ship was late in port, they reshuffled us to another part of the dining room--different waiters...We asked for our wine and the guy brought out a bottle...of RED wine!  We said "that's not our wine"...Apparently, in the wine holding room, the tags got mixed up--because the red wine had our cabin number on it.  They brought us out another fresh bottle of Pinot Grigio.  I had another complaint about the service that night (luckily, we had the same waiters on the other side of the MDR the other 11 nights and they were great) so I made a complaint at the guest relations desk...and told them about the wine mix-up as well.  Believe it or not, for the entire remainder of the cruise, we had Pinot Grigio EVERY NIGHT...never paid for another bottle!  They just kept bringing more... We call it the magic never-ending bottle of wine...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

No,

You make sure you have more wine in the room for anytime drinking. It's that easy! LOL

I know.  I just prefer to keep my own wine with me and decide which one(s) to bring to dinner.  Then I can have whatever I want without worrying about where it is.  To each their own, which is a nice thing because they are good at bringing it to you and equally possible to keep it. 

• Like 1

We almost never finish a bottle in one evening and have never had an issue saving it for the following night. The waiter tags it with the cabin number or the folio number.

When retrieving the bottle, it can be helpful to tell the waiter which dining room or specialty restaurant you attended the previous night.