Need help deciding

medi130

Carnival panorama or Princess Royal Princess cruise line for February Mexican Rivera cruise? Princess will be around $400 cheaper for basically same cruise. I've been on carnival before but wanted to try something new. The new carnival ship is very enticing. Which would you choose and why? Thanks for any help  

I’ve had the same dilemma. Two different cruising experiences. One is more energetic, unpretentious, and casual while the other is a bit more upscale, sedate, and elegant. What style do you prefer?

PS. you posted on River cruise ports. 

Panorama will be a great ship. I cannot speak to Royal’s offering. Having sailed Vista, Panorama is a major upgrade for MX Riv. And the food and bar choices on Panorama should be great too. 

Two items that are the “same” yet $400 apart, are likely not the same. 

35 years ago, I enjoyed Carnival.  But I was 35 years younger then!  Now, my preferred cruise lines are Celebrity and Princess.  

I don't know how it is now on Carnival, but I remember college age kids drinking to excess and getting rowdy, with lots of Spring-break type antics.  Today, that would not be acceptable to me.  

I avoid that kind of high energy activity on Princess and Celebrity.  Of course,  I miss out on a lot of cutting edge ships (but Celeb's Edge is about as cutting edge as it gets).

Whichever way you go, enjoy the cruise.  The Mex Riv is a great itinerary.

We are seniors who have enjoyed many Carnival cruises. We have only gone on cruises of 7+ days and have never noticed spring break antics on any of the ships.

With that said, we don't like mega ships so are not planning to try the new Panorama.

We are now booked on Princess for a cruise that goes into the Sea of Cortez instead.

Up to you which you would like to try.

Everyone enjoys cruises differently.