Medallion / Ocean Ready Failure

Jeter02

Update on my non linking bookings to the medallion app, causing me not able to getting ocean ready. 

Well after 6 weeks, there still has been no resolution to why my bookings don't link to the glitchy app. I called ocean navigators several times each week. They've all said my problem is a first for them. 

8 tickets with multiple issues with my account even from customer relations. IT has not opened any of them. 

I've given up on the app. Will bug the navigators after my Thanksgiving cruise. As the bookings that don't link start in December. 

They should have never rolled this all out as quick as they did. I don't think there is enough man power to iron out the kinks. Thank goodness the old school way won't fail me. Go to the pier and gave them throw my medallions at me at check in. 

• Like 1

a 'live' participation is the best beta testing you can ever get ... way better than a controlled group

breathe in

breathe out

smell the roses

blow out the candles

is all that aggravation 'really' worth having OM in hand upon boarding?

what can you do pre-cruise with the OM in hand vrs. picking it up on the ship?

disclaimer: we had OM in hand on May 2019 cruise on the CB

• Like 2

Ours woukdn't work until about 60 days before our cruise that starts 10/28. I found that it is much easier to get a very thing input and linked using ocean.com on a laptop or computer. I was able to complete everything on my booking then link sister who is sharing cabin.  I originally downloaded Ocean ready app but in early Oct it became defunct and had to download Medallion that has all of the apps in one app. I have an older phone so had to update operating system so it would work. See if using the ocean.com website will fix your problem. Once I was complet there, I wanted about 30 minutes opened the Medallion app and all info populated the app. Just had an issue with pic and passport pic transferring into app so just uploaded that to the open and the green check marks appeared and I could see boarding pass, etc.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

Have you tried deleting the app then restore it.  Your phone may not have enough memory try deleting some apps you don't use too much.  I had problems with my delta app after deleting some apps it worked.

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes I have. Earth tech savvy as I am this is beyond the normal regular troubleshooting resolutions. I think looted it needs to completely wipe my entire account / profile. And let me start from scratch. It's an internal thing. 

• Like 1

Jeter02;  I had a issues with the ocean ready app and called it dept;  they actually went in to my account and created a new login id and password.  I used the new credentials in the app and everything worked.  Maybe give them a call and have them re-do your account login info.  Are you using medallion class app?  My medallion class app has worked great;  I don't use ocean ready app any more

Wasting my time ahead of the cruise with a glitchy app just doesn't make sense when I can print out my boarding pass and show up at the pier the old fashioned way.  I plan to request an old fashioned cruise card as well.

Just because one can come up with some new whiz bang way to use technology doesn't necessarily make it a good idea.

18 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

They should have never rolled this all out as quick as they did. I don't think there is enough man power to iron out the kinks. Thank goodness the old school way won't fail me. Go to the pier and gave them throw my medallions at me at check in. 

Maybe they should let women work on it!

Just adding some levity to the thread -- don't go nuts responding.

Edited by snowskier
  • Haha 3