half moon cay

MooNGaTe27

1 hour ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

can you rent or get beach umbrella on Half Moon Cay 

When you board your ship on Embarkation Day, go to shore excursion desk and you can book a clamshell and loungers. I asked this same question myself awhile ago, as we need shade when on a beach, and as senior citizens, one of us with bilateral TKRs, sitting on a towel on the sand is out of the question. I was told to do this on day one. 

• Like 1

We always rent a clam shell at HMC.  When you get off the tender boat, head towards the beach.  As you are facing the beach, there will be a small building on the left where you can rent them using your cabin card.  They will give you a receipt.  Then you can walk down the beach and find an employee who is setting them up.  We really like the clam shells.

Edited by TNcruising02

37 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I have been to Half Moon Cay three times and was told you had to rent them while ashore and not on board have this changed?

I only know what I was told, somI can’t say which is the correct way. I will be heading there twice on my B2B inApril, so I’ll go to the Shore Excursion desk and see what they say. I may need to grab my clamshell once ashore. I certainly hope there will be some available by the time I get there.

9 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I think I remember the clam shells being around $29, which includes the clam shell and two loungers.

As the lounge chairs are scattered all about and free for all to use the charge is just for the clamshell.

Didn't want anyone to think there was a charge for the chairs.

Also, if you get a clamshell see if you can  find something to prop up the back of it off the sand.  The area under the clamshell gets VERY hot and stuffy out in the sun if the back isn't propped up to let the air circulate a little.

3 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

HMC is nice. Plenty of shade to be had if you can find the right spots. I wish they would build a dock so they could stop tendering. 

Half Moon Cay will be getting a dock. Carnival has already stated this. https://cruiseradio.net/major-change-coming-to-carnival-cruise-lines-half-moon-cay/

Was there in August.  You rent the clamshells on shore, although I don't know the price.  The small rental booth was right behind me on the beach (I was sitting just before the big pirate ship).  Someone was trying to sit on one without paying and got into an argument with an employee about it...they gave up finally and used a free lounge chair.  drama!

We were off the boat early and found lots of shade using the regular chairs....fyi. 

Edited by simkoreb

• 2 weeks later...

Just back & I found lots of shade.

If you head to the shipwreck bar you will find shade on either side. Its near bathrooms & food the only thing I didn't like was that is you want a frozen drink you cant get it in a regular cup . You have to get the souvenir cup which is $ 15.39 for a virgin drink refills are cheaper 

1 hour ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

Just back & I found lots of shade.

If you head to the shipwreck bar you will find shade on either side. Its near bathrooms & food the only thing I didn't like was that if you want a frozen drink you cant get it in a regular cup . You have to get the souvenir cup which is $ 15.39 for a virgin drink refills are cheaper 

What on earth? This has never been the case in any other context - even the MDR "shots guys" can give you a shot without the souvenir glass. 

If you want a cocktal you can get it in a small cup but if you want a frozen drink that has to be in a souvenir glass. This was at the shipwreck bar. I was told that if you go to the other bar ( not that close ) you can get it in a cup .

There is also a stand to the right of shipwreck where you can get soda & beer