Lost item

nyllrap

Hello. On a recent cruise on the Infinity I lost an item. I went to the desk and reported it, and also reported it on Celebrity's website. The person I reported it to while on the Infinity said on the website there is a place where they post items found. She said just to do a search. I did, and found no such place. Does anyone know of such a place? Thanks for any help.

I suspect that the person you spoke to on the Infinity had it a bit confused. You can submit a report of your lost items on the website, and Celebrity is meant to provide you with a response within 5 days, but I've never seen a posted list of found items.

5 hours ago, nyllrap said:

Hello. On a recent cruise on the Infinity I lost an item. I went to the desk and reported it, and also reported it on Celebrity's website. The person I reported it to while on the Infinity said on the website there is a place where they post items found. She said just to do a search. I did, and found no such place. Does anyone know of such a place? Thanks for any help.

Never heard of it....But we never have lost anything on board.

On a practical note, if it is an item of value that you intend to make an insurance claim on make sure you have day, time, names of who you reported the missing item to. I suggest you follow up with an email stating advice received and lack of search responses...

Sincere best wishes for recovery...I sincerely hope it is something easily replaceable and not an item of sentimental value.

The Cruise lines, Celebrity included, do not turn in lost items at the end of every cruise...sometimes it takes 4-6 weeks before anything shows up at the port lost and found.  My mother lost her phone on one a few years back. I called the Cruise line to let them know...I was told at that time that nothing had been turned in.  We thought the phone was gone forever. So she ordered another phone.  Low and behold, about 5 weeks later, I was contacted by the port lost and found that they had found the phone.  We had to provide the return postage, but indeed, were sent the phone.  So, if you have not done so already, call the them and let them know what you lost.  You might be as surprised as we were to get their call.

I recently submitted a lost & found report to Celebrity after our cruise on the Eclipse.  The cruise ended in Los Angeles on Oct 20th.

Who at the port would I contact to see if items were turned in?

A Cruise Critic member currently on the Eclipse checked with Guest Relations but my items were not turned in.  Based on the above info, I'm hoping maybe they were put off in Los Angeles.

I'd given up,  but now I'm thinking I may get my jewelry, etc. back after all.

Again, who would I contact at the "port."

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

The phone number is:

Lost & Found/Lost Luggage

1-844-418-6824

Hours:  8am to 8pm

Let them know the itinerary, date and ship name. If you have the room number, it would also be helpful. And remember, it may take a while before the items are turned in.  It is not a requirement for them to turn in lost items after each cruise.

Hope you find what you have lost

Edited by 2flacruisers
information left out
  • Thanks 1

Is there one lost & found office in each embarkation/disembarkation port or a centralised one in Miami?

Is there just one lost/found software in use worldwide (helpful if multiple locations), hopefully not written by the same person as Celebrity Web site.

3 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

The phone number is:

Lost & Found/Lost Luggage

1-844-418-6824

Hours:  8am to 8pm

Let them know the itinerary, date and ship name. If you have the room number, it would also be helpful. And remember, it may take a while before the items are turned in.  It is not a requirement for them to turn in lost items after each cruise.

Hope you find what you have lost

This is the regular Celebrity reservations number.

I've already reported loss to Celebrity.

So guess I'll continue to hope for the best!

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 3:19 PM, LouieT said:

never understand why every lost item is not reported and returned

These items are reported.  The problem is they are not turned in to HQ each time they are back in home port.  I was told that things get turned over to HQ Lost and Found every 4-6 weeks. 

On 10/30/2019 at 3:19 PM, LouieT said:

never understand why every lost item is not reported and returned

Lots of items don't get reported. There are numerous threads discussing passengers who have taken home items that they have found as they felt confident that they could do a better job than the cruise line in tracking down the owners and returning the items. I'm quite sure that there are also a good number of items whose finders simply pocket them while singing "Finders keepers, losers weepers."

39 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Lots of items don't get reported. There are numerous threads discussing passengers who have taken home items that they have found as they felt confident that they could do a better job than the cruise line in tracking down the owners and returning the items. I'm quite sure that there are also a good number of items whose finders simply pocket them while singing "Finders keepers, losers weepers."

Feel sure both of the above  do happen.  

Do feel many who find a wallet with the complete contact info might feel it best to contact the owner directly.  If not, seems turning over the cruise line is the only real option for honest people.

Hope the OP well get the  lost item back .....

Edited by OCruisers