Help pick a seafood restaurant in Cape Canveral please.

kelbell

Hello everyone, I do not eat seafood but my extended family loves it.

We will be staying at Cape Crossing Marina evening before our cruise in Dec.

I was looking into Rustys Seafood and Oyster Bar, Fishlips Bar and Grill.

Any opinions? I picked them because they are on the water no other reason.

Looking for a chill place, good seafood.

If you have a better choice I'm all in.  Thank you

Edited by kelbell

Our personal favorite is Seafood Atlantic.  It is out by the cruise terminals, right along the water and is very close to Fishlips.  

They only buy their fish from local fishermen and do not have a fryer so all seafood is broiled, grilled or steamed (clams, etc).  They also have non-seafood items on the menu.  It isn't a very big place but it has outdoor patio seating (only), with heaters as needed.  

Love their fish tacos and the grouper sandwich!

IMG_2625.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

IMG_3382.jpeg

Edited by rsfunk
add photos
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, iahawkfan21 said:

From my time living and working near the port, my go-to was always Grills.  Great food, and they had a wide variety as well.  My wife does not eat seafood at all but always enjoyed going there as there was plenty to choose from.

Another vote for Grills!!!   Love the seafood and the Tahiti Taters...😁

• Like 1

My vote goes to Fish Lips.  I recently ate at Grills based on suggestions on this board.  I felt it was on par with Fish Lips, but the music outside was WAY too loud.  We were seated inside and could barely hear each other talk.  But there are those who enjoy the "calypso" feel and music, so would definitely enjoy it.

• Like 1

Seafood Atlantic closes at 7 . . .

ask 9 locals their fav' place in the port and expect 

3 Grills

3 Fishlips

3 Rusty's

the others are relative newcomers and the storefronts turn over regularly!

I prefer Grills ... they are the only one expanding, now with 3 locations.

wrt only buying local fish ... there is virtually no local fish business today.  Back in the 80's what's now restaurant row was all fish houses and stacked 4 deep with fishing boats.  Today????? Space-X and tour boats with a smattering of charter fishing trying to hang on . . .

Grills will buy locally landed lion fish and serve but that's an on/off thing . . .

With no known predators, the population of these extremely prolific carnivores has exploded over the last 10 years. Lionfish will eat anything up to half their size, including juvenile grouper and snapper. The overall impact on reef systems and important commercial fisheries is still unknown.

Grills is very concerned about the problem, but we feel that you, our customers, can be a huge part of the solution! Contrary to popular belief lionfish meat is not poisonous; in fact, the venomous spines protect some of the most delicious white flakey meat you will ever taste.

After experimenting with many recipes and cooking techniques Grills is very excited to offer you our “FROILED” Asian Lionfish. Par fried whole lionfish, glazed with their own sweet and savory sauce, then broil finished to fall off the bone perfection. You will not be disappointed!

We are paying top dollar ... We need more lionfish!

froiled-lionfish-grills.jpg

aime and lion fish.jpg

savereeflicenseplate.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ