Emerald Princess question

FoghornLeghorn

19 minutes ago, queensquared said:

Yes. We got off the Emerald last week and our cabin had the new TVs and on demand programming.

What else new did you notice about the Emerald?

We've been on her several times and will be on her for a month this winter so I wondered what might be new and/or different.

1 hour ago, chamima said:

What else new did you notice about the Emerald?

We've been on her several times and will be on her for a month this winter so I wondered what might be new and/or different.

Horizon Ct. & Cafe Caribe has been redesigned into the World Fresh Marketplace and Planks & Steamers.

Poolside casual dining renamed with some redesign into Slices Pizzeria, Salty Dog Grill and Coffee & Cones. There are new additional menu items at these venues

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Horizon Ct. & Cafe Caribe has been redesigned into the World Fresh Marketplace and Planks & Steamers.

Poolside casual dining renamed with some redesign into Slices Pizzeria, Salty Dog Grill and Coffee & Cones. There are new additional menu items at these venues

Thanks.

I hope they still have onion rings at the grill by the pool, whatever it's new name is.

Or then again, maybe I don't.  😉

11 hours ago, chamima said:

Thanks.

I hope they still have onion rings at the grill by the pool, whatever it's new name is.

Or then again, maybe I don't.  😉

I have never seen onion rings at the grill near the pool on any Princess ship.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

40 minutes ago, skynight said:

Neither have I. They show up sometimes in the buffet line.

FWIW - They had them every other day or so (at the Grill ) on the Emerald last year.

It was a 28 day round trip LA- Tahiti - same cruise as we're doing this February.

They were unbelievably good!

31 minutes ago, chamima said:

Neither have I. They show up sometimes in the buffet line.

FWIW - They had them every other day or so (at the Grill ) on the Emerald last year.

It was a 28 day round trip LA- Tahiti - same cruise as we're doing this February.

They were unbelievably good!

Onion rings were also offered at the Trident Grill every other day on the Emerald Princess during the fall of 2017 28 day round trip LA- Tahiti  cruise.

5 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

What does the upgraded system consist of?  Is it basically just a few news channels and ESPN that is live streaming as I've read about or is there actually a decent lineup of channels?

there are a good selection of movies, several news channels (FNC, BBC), ESPN and 2 special events channels for sporting events, i.e. Football.  Plus ships bridge cam, location map, weather and plenty of travel shows.  And a selection of music.  We mostly played music as we were in Europe and football didn't come on until very late 😞  We also watched a few pretty good movies.