My waiting paid off.....

jojo1966

Been monitoring the price on a daily basis on a Nov 2020 cruise to Japan  as I wanted to book a room for my son, but due to the fact that they charge you double occupancy I wasn't really happy to pay the price. Its been going up and down since I started checking - started at £2,402 but then went up to £2,872 ( and that's for an inside !) Dropped down again to £2,602 this week, but checked this morning and its dropped down to £1,800 !! That's  £800 pounds off overnight !! Jackpot! 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, jojo1966 said:

Been monitoring the price on a daily basis on a Nov 2020 cruise to Japan  as I wanted to book a room for my son, but due to the fact that they charge you double occupancy I wasn't really happy to pay the price. Its been going up and down since I started checking - started at £2,402 but then went up to £2,872 ( and that's for an inside !) Dropped down again to £2,602 this week, but checked this morning and its dropped down to £1,800 !! That's  £800 pounds off overnight !! Jackpot! 

Congrats!  It pays to wait sometimes but prices usually do not come down a year in advance like this.  Lucky you!

You win some, you lose some when you play Celebrity Roulette with pricing.  I had been monitoring a CS on Equinox in September and was about at my comfort level and ready to pull the trigger.  Hoping for one more price drop.  Instead, the price increased by $4,000.  That was the end of that deal!

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You win some, you lose some when you play Celebrity Roulette with pricing.  I had been monitoring a CS on Equinox in September and was about at my comfort level and ready to pull the trigger.  Hoping for one more price drop.  Instead, the price increased by $4,000.  That was the end of that deal!

Sometimes it is a short term fake out. 😉

51 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I only seem to book the cruises that go up in price!  All that time wasted in checking daily😀

Congratulations jojo. Since this cruise goes to Japan in Nov, where does it leave from?

If it is the Nov. 8 sailing, it leaves from Tokyo (Yokohama).

As a trick when you are researching prices do it using an incognito browser window. All web browsers have this option. When using a regular browsing window a cookie is downloaded to your computer. They know you are looking at the cruise pricing and it may be that you will see a different lower price appear. It also works when researching airline tickets. Your tech trick of the day!

🙂

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Linda- that well known "fishy" site used to work great for this exact situation.  No more unfortunately.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Linda- that well known "fishy" site used to work great for this exact situation.  No more unfortunately.

Has it stopped completely now? I was getting regular updates earlier in the year. 

On 11/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, TeeRick said:

I have not seen an update email from them in a very long time.  Not sure if the site is abandoned or not.

I thought the stopped working? It’s been awhile since they functioned for me.

5 hours ago, hulamoon said:

I thought the stopped working? It’s been awhile since they functioned for me.

I stopped using them.  I was watching a couple cruises last year - I did get an alert or two, but a) they came late and b) missed some drops.  I know this because I was also checking myself daily.  If the site isn't going to be reliable, it's worthless as I need to continue checking myself anyway.....

Mike

I just watch the feed that they use and have it updating every 30 minutes.

Although currently it is showing cost per cabin for 2 rather than cost per person. Celebrity altered something a week ago.

Managed to save £2,000+ off our suite on the Silhouette plus increased benefits.