Grand Cayman Port - Opinions!

USCcruisecrazy

Last time we went we did the stingrays, turtle farm and Hell. I did not think Hell was worth the stop.

The stingrays are worth doing once and I loved the baby turtles!

2018-01-09 13.07.38.jpg

This is all there is in Hell, we couldn't even find a beer there so it truly is Hell!

2018-01-09 12.14.54.jpg

the view of Hell

287038660_2018-01-0912_16_10.thumb.jpg.5f0c374a0571c13ae50b46be52676237.jpg

The stingray wading pool

2018-01-09 10.10.17.jpg

2018-01-09 10.16.25.jpg

Edited by shark&minnow
spacing

• 2 months later...

Our Princess Cruise will be at Georgetown, Grand Cayman, on Thursday, March 12, 7 am to 4 pm. We'll tender in from the ship before 8 am and then we have an excursion from 8:30 to 9:30 am. After that, we would like to go to an area where my husband can rent snorkel equipment for the day and I can sit on the beach.  Any suggestions for a beach that is nice for snorkeling and not too hard to get to? The beach itself doesn't have to be outstanding; i just want to sit in the sun and relax.  Thank you! 

Definitely worth getting off the ship....the tender ride is about 5 mins....not a big deal.  GC is a VERY wealthy island...everything is nice and clean....it's a lovely, well-to-do place.  It's the BANKING capital of the Caribbean....hell, most of our politicians have all their money there!   You won't get to see that, however.  The beaches are quite nice, if you enjoy that.   

OK, "swimming with the stingrays," in Grand Cayman has been recommended.  I don't swim, but I was thinking someone said you don't have to swim, as they put a life jacket on you anyway, is that true?  Also, while in the water, do you have to wear certain type of shoes, or can go barefooted?

What is Guy Harvey's store in Grand Cayman all about?

10 hours ago, beshears said:

OK, "swimming with the stingrays," in Grand Cayman has been recommended.  I don't swim, but I was thinking someone said you don't have to swim, as they put a life jacket on you anyway, is that true?  Also, while in the water, do you have to wear certain type of shoes, or can go barefooted?

What is Guy Harvey's store in Grand Cayman all about?

You are out in the ocean on a sandbar, so you can walk in most areas.  Some swimming (or being towed by a friend) the short distance from the boat to the sandbar might be required, but yes, the excursion operators will have life jackets available.  You must go barefoot.  No water shoes or other footwear are allowed.  Google or search in YouTube “stingray city cayman” and you will find thousands of videos and blog posts about the experience.

Guy Harvey is a famous marine conservationist and artist.  He has a store in George Town where he sells his art and clothing lines, plus there’s a restaurant.

https://www.guyharvey.com/gallery/