Shadowmeboy helps close down Alaska on the Bliss!

shadowmeboy

I have been wondering too! We were thinking of going to AK on the Sun, but we sure like the Biss and Encore, not sure if we would like going back to a smaller ship. Is there enough to do at night and sea days if you don't hang out at the bars? 

57 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

When is your next grand adventure?  

I hope all is well in your world.

Our next adventure is in a little over 2 months when we hit our 50th state and 20th cruise together! We will be sailing the Pride of America in Hawaii!

Yes, everything is well, just very busy.

48 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

I have been wondering too! We were thinking of going to AK on the Sun, but we sure like the Biss and Encore, not sure if we would like going back to a smaller ship. Is there enough to do at night and sea days if you don't hang out at the bars? 

I would do the Sun for the better port times alone. You get an almost full day in each port including Victoria. I love the Sun! Plus you can always sit in the Great Outdoors (deck 12) and just enjoy nature! They have music and things going on all the time!

I will post an update on my last review for everyone to update later today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shadowmeboy said:

As you mentioned it was 5 years ago, wow, and while I cannot tell you a name of the shop I remember roughly where in Juneau it was.

IMG_3470.thumb.png.ab4faece4b65430c17e3458c8c12aa33.png

The store I got it at was on Franklin, past the Red Dog Saloon, on the left hand side of the road when walking from the Alaska Short Company or Goldbelt Tram. I want to say it was closer to the lucky lady pub, but I am not sure of that.

Another shop I would suggest checking out, in Juneau, for unique and Alaskan made items is Caribou Crossings. They are closer to the tram on the right side of Franklin. 

I always love finding something unique and that moose definitely fit the bill! Happy hunting and enjoy that Alaska cruise!

Thanks, that is really helpful and I will definitely check out Caribou Crossings too (and that maple syrup shack in Carcross, I've been dreaming about all the delicious things I can bake with that Bourbon Maple Syrup).