Shadowmeboy helps close down Alaska on the Bliss!

shadowmeboy

IMG_2522-L.jpg

I went to the local for lunch.

IMG_2266%20%282%29-L.jpg

A few of us met up to play LCR (left-Center-Right)

IMG_2267%20%282%29-L.jpg

I had fun, but did not win.

IMG_1816-L.jpg

After a bit, I headed back outside. The scenery was amazing. This part was obscured by rain when we sailed in that morning.

IMG_1817-L.jpg

IMG_1818-L.jpg

IMG_1819-L.jpg

Yes, I was looking for wildlife along the shores.

IMG_1820-L.jpg

IMG_2276%20%282%29-L.jpg

IMG_2277%20%282%29-L.jpg

IMG_2278%20%282%29-L.jpg

IMG_1821-L.jpg

IMG_1822-L.jpg

IMG_1823-L.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/10/2020 at 1:29 PM, luvcruzing said:

Beautiful pictures. 

Hope all is back to normal at home, and your dad is recovering well.

Update: My Dad has flown to Florida after his appointment the other day. He starts his job on 1/13. He was recovering well, but did have to have a abscess drained and packed. Susan and my mom drove to Florida and got their stuff down their. Susan has flown back and started back at school.

I have been extremely busy. I am starting a new job on the 21st of January. I as a result have been trying to train people on all the aspect of the jobs I do at my current job. Thus I have been exhausted and not able to work on this review much! I hope it will get better in the next few days!

I am sorry in the delay of this review, I feel bad.

Matthew

Dinner tonight was at Cagney's. I used my platinum voucher and brought someone with me. Amanda accompanied me. I met her at the MDR when I did a single table with other people two nights earlier. She had a pick one perk and did the drink package. We had a great conversation that night at dinner, and so since no one from the solo meet up group took me up on my offer to go, I offered for her to use the other half of the certificate and join me for dinner. Fast forward to tonight, and we met outside Cagney's.

IMG_1877-L.jpg

Menu

IMG_1878-L.jpg

IMG_1879-L.jpg

Amanda got the crab cake

IMG_1881-L.jpg

I got the Shrimp Cocktail

IMG_1882-L.jpg

My steak!

IMG_2288-L.jpg

with sides

IMG_2289%20%282%29-L.jpg

Dessert menu

Cagneys%207%20layer%20cake-L.jpg

Amanda's 7 layer cake dessert

IMG_2291%20%282%29-L.jpg

Raspberry Crème Brulee for me

• Like 3

I headed up to the top decks afterwards.

IMG_2551-L.jpg

The northern lights had a chance of being out this night. It was too bright up top. I headed down to deck 8 and the waterfront. It was darkest on the aft of the ship. Met some of our other solo sailors to see if we could see anything.

IMG_2557-L.jpg

dslr didn't focus very well.

IMG_2560-L.jpg

After a while of looking to no luck, we headed into the local for a late night meal.

IMG_2562-L.jpg

late night menu

IMG_2566-L.jpg

pretzels and cheese

IMG_2569-L.jpg

Joe got some wings

I didn't get picture of what everyone else got. I ended up in bed at 230 am!

• Like 1

Good luck starting your new job today, @shadowmeboy! I hope all is going well!

When you have a moment to reply, do you remember approximately what time the ship entered Glacier Bay National Park and what time it departed? What times it passed some of the "must see" landmarks such as Margerie Glacier? I read another review where the author said she was unaware of what/when to be looking for the sights that day and pretty much missed them. I'd like to be able to have a tentative plan for when to be out on deck to soak up all the scenery. Thank you!

18 hours ago, justafirefly said:

Good luck starting your new job today, @shadowmeboy! I hope all is going well!

When you have a moment to reply, do you remember approximately what time the ship entered Glacier Bay National Park and what time it departed? What times it passed some of the "must see" landmarks such as Margerie Glacier? I read another review where the author said she was unaware of what/when to be looking for the sights that day and pretty much missed them. I'd like to be able to have a tentative plan for when to be out on deck to soak up all the scenery. Thank you!

I am going off of time stamps on my pictures here:

7:30 am sail into GPNP - be up earlier if you can the waters just outside GB, Icy Strait, have a ton of whale activity.

8 am - Rangers board the ship

10am - you will be up to Lamplugh Glacier

Lamplugh is where John Hopkins Intlet and the Turr Inlet split. There are two ships in Glacier Bay each day. One ship will go first to John Hopkins and the other goes to Margarie. Our sailing we went John Hopkins first.

John Hopkins - 10:45 ish

Margerie - noon

Rangers got picked up at about 3:30 pm. 

Rangers will have educational displays onboard. Suggestion: have a very light snack at 6am/630am; 9am go have breakfast; Have lunch after your second glacier (ie 1 -130 pm) then get back outside and watch sailing out. I stayed on deck 8 on the Bliss the whole time. Observation lounge is way too crowded and windows create reflections especially with how bright it is in there. The front of the ship is open, but crowded at the glaciers. find a couch on the waterfront and stake your claim!

3 hours ago, shadowmeboy said:

I am going off of time stamps on my pictures here:

7:30 am sail into GPNP - be up earlier if you can the waters just outside GB, Icy Strait, have a ton of whale activity.

8 am - Rangers board the ship

10am - you will be up to Lamplugh Glacier

Lamplugh is where John Hopkins Intlet and the Turr Inlet split. There are two ships in Glacier Bay each day. One ship will go first to John Hopkins and the other goes to Margarie. Our sailing we went John Hopkins first.

John Hopkins - 10:45 ish

Margerie - noon

Rangers got picked up at about 3:30 pm. 

Rangers will have educational displays onboard. Suggestion: have a very light snack at 6am/630am; 9am go have breakfast; Have lunch after your second glacier (ie 1 -130 pm) then get back outside and watch sailing out. I stayed on deck 8 on the Bliss the whole time. Observation lounge is way too crowded and windows create reflections especially with how bright it is in there. The front of the ship is open, but crowded at the glaciers. find a couch on the waterfront and stake your claim!

Thank you SO much for taking your time to share this helpful information! I really appreciate it! 🙂