Shadowmeboy helps close down Alaska on the Bliss!

shadowmeboy

With no ships sailings I found your review and I was highly. I did the Joy so right down to drinks the Bliss looks the same (those Raspberry Mojitos were delicious). I enjoyed all your Seattle and Washington before and after trip I formation too.  I have an aunt on the other side of the water so we used the ferry after the cruise to get to her house because we couldn't all fit in her car.  I heard there is a free transport of luggage from the cruise terminal  To the airport, do you have to have a flight and they don't include the train station, I'm not sure where the Amtrak station is in relation to the city?

On 4/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, bearette said:

With no ships sailings I found your review and I was highly. I did the Joy so right down to drinks the Bliss looks the same (those Raspberry Mojitos were delicious). I enjoyed all your Seattle and Washington before and after trip I formation too.  I have an aunt on the other side of the water so we used the ferry after the cruise to get to her house because we couldn't all fit in her car.  I heard there is a free transport of luggage from the cruise terminal  To the airport, do you have to have a flight and they don't include the train station, I'm not sure where the Amtrak station is in relation to the city?

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

The luggage program is unfortunately only for the Airport. I had to keep my bags with me as I did stuff after getting off the cruise.

King Street Station is just North of the stadiums at the southern edge of downtown.

On 4/20/2020 at 7:55 PM, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks for the update, Matthew. I agree with you that everything is up in the air right now. I'm sorry your Alaska trip won't be happening. Here's hoping we can all travel in the future.

Heather

we are probably just going to rebook everything for 2022

Want to thank both of you for this thread.  It really peaked my interest in sailing to Alaska.  Matter of fact, looking seriously at a sailing on the Bliss to Alaska for this October.  I think things should be sorted by then.  Thanks, again!  Stay safe!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Shadowmeboy, I have been checking out a few of your reviews as I have an Alaska cruise booked for April 2022. I realised I haven't seen you post for a long time and wanted to check in with you that all  is ok in your world. (I know that ok is very subjective but I'm hoping you and your lovely wife have avoided getting ill and are navigating through this difficult time successfully).

1 hour ago, LincolnLegend said:

Hi Shadowmeboy, I have been checking out a few of your reviews as I have an Alaska cruise booked for April 2022. I realised I haven't seen you post for a long time and wanted to check in with you that all  is ok in your world. (I know that ok is very subjective but I'm hoping you and your lovely wife have avoided getting ill and are navigating through this difficult time successfully).

Thank you for checking in! Yes, we are doing well and are safe and healthy! I just have chosen not be on the board during this difficult time because we miss cruising sorely. I can’t wait to walk up that gangway and let the sea set me free! 

we used the forced break from cruising to do a couple of road trips and pick up the few remaining states I needed to visit! I am at 48 and Susan at 49. I will be getting 49 next month! Then we can start planning our Hawaii cruise vacation to get our 50th state.

We have had a total of 3 cruises canceled on us. We cannot wait to sail again.

You can check out our adventures on my social media channels - @shadowmeboy on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. My YouTube channel is YouTube.com/c/Shadowmeboy (we filmed our road trips!)

Feel free to ask any questions you have about Alaska! I get notifications of responses on threads, like I got when you commented. We are thinking about flying up to Alaska this summer!

Thanks again for reaching out!

Matthew

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/4/2019 at 9:00 PM, shadowmeboy said:

IMG_0807-L.jpg

Windfall Fisherman

IMG_0808-L.jpg

IMG_0809-L.jpg

A wet, rainy Juneau!

IMG_0810-L.jpg

I stood and talked with Susan for a half hour right here!

IMG_0811-L.jpg

IMG_0812-L.jpg

IMG_0813-L.jpg

IMG_0814-L.jpg

IMG_0815-L.jpg

My favorite shop in Juneau! Plus I had fudge orders from home to pick up!

IMG_0816-L.jpg

IMG_0817-L.jpg

IMG_0818-L.jpg

IMG_0819-L.jpg

IMG_2085%20%282%29-L.jpg

Me with my fudge!!

That fudge shop looks great! What is your favorite flavor from there?

52 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

@shadowmeboy 

Love your reviews! Where is the bear with the fish statue? Have been to AK a few times and have never seen that. Is it close enough to cruise pier to walk to? 

Juneau - right in front of the State Capitol building. Yes, it’s walkable.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 12:07 AM, shadowmeboy said:

IMG_2089%20%282%29-L.jpg

Having been to Alaska 5 times, we have a lot of souvenirs. I am always looking for something unique. The moose there came home with me, plus it was 40% off due to being end of the season! Score!

@shadowmeboy I know this is from a few years ago but do you remember where you got that moose? I love finding unique souvenirs and even though that shop may not have those exact things anymore I'd love to check them out if they survived covid. I'm finally going to Alaska this year after multiple cancelled trips so I really appreciate your reviews

5 hours ago, ravensbad said:

@shadowmeboy I know this is from a few years ago but do you remember where you got that moose? I love finding unique souvenirs and even though that shop may not have those exact things anymore I'd love to check them out if they survived covid. I'm finally going to Alaska this year after multiple cancelled trips so I really appreciate your reviews

As you mentioned it was 5 years ago, wow, and while I cannot tell you a name of the shop I remember roughly where in Juneau it was.

IMG_3470.thumb.png.ab4faece4b65430c17e3458c8c12aa33.png

The store I got it at was on Franklin, past the Red Dog Saloon, on the left hand side of the road when walking from the Alaska Short Company or Goldbelt Tram. I want to say it was closer to the lucky lady pub, but I am not sure of that.

Another shop I would suggest checking out, in Juneau, for unique and Alaskan made items is Caribou Crossings. They are closer to the tram on the right side of Franklin. 

I always love finding something unique and that moose definitely fit the bill! Happy hunting and enjoy that Alaska cruise!