Day Pass

JagDawg Cruiser

I noticed that many resorts sell day passes but for a family of 4, these can quickly add up to several hundred dollars. Can one book an overnight room and use it the same way as a day pass if it's cheaper overnight? I understand you may not be able to check into the room until mid afternoon but what would that matter if you are just using the resort as a day pass? Has anyone done this? Do you just check out the same day? Thanks!

43 minutes ago, JagDawg Cruiser said:

I noticed that many resorts sell day passes but for a family of 4, these can quickly add up to several hundred dollars. Can one book an overnight room and use it the same way as a day pass if it's cheaper overnight? I understand you may not be able to check into the room until mid afternoon but what would that matter if you are just using the resort as a day pass? Has anyone done this? Do you just check out the same day? Thanks!

If you are talking about something like Atlantis and a day pass for the family the answer is yes.  A family of four gets a one night stay at Comfort Suites,  Show up in the morning, check in, get your four passes and check out at the same time. Head to the water park and spend the day.  Some may keep the room as to have a place to shower and clean up before heading back to the ship but this is a waste of time for most.  Room and passes for four people would be about half the price of booking the waterpark through the ship. good luck

I don't see any problem unless the resort has a minimum stay requirement.  I've considered doing just this, but there's just two of us and day passes have been cheaper.  I imagine with 4 people it would often work out better to book a room.

4 hours ago, JagDawg Cruiser said:

Hi

If you are going to be in port for a good part of the day it might be a good option.

Don't forget that while you would likely be allowed access to the general hotel facilities, you would be limited until they actually allow you to check in. Consider the fact that the day passes they sell are specifically targeting cruise line guests and their goal is to make it an appealing option. For instance they might have some drinks and towel service included. 

Either way, check the pricing online for the day you are considering. Then call the resort. Tell them what you would like to do and see what they say, and get pricing from them as well. Who knows, they might even be able to allow early check in. That would make it more worthwhile.

have a great cruise

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

If you are going to be in port for a good part of the day it might be a good option.

Don't forget that while you would likely be allowed access to the general hotel facilities, you would be limited until they actually allow you to check in. Consider the fact that the day passes they sell are specifically targeting cruise line guests and their goal is to make it an appealing option. For instance they might have some drinks and towel service included. 

Either way, check the pricing online for the day you are considering. Then call the resort. Tell them what you would like to do and see what they say, and get pricing from them as well. Who knows, they might even be able to allow early check in. That would make it more worthwhile.

have a great cruise

This is correct.  The hotels would be well aware that people may book an overnight room to get special access so they will either offer a package or prevent the practice