Military OBC

travellingnana

Princess will take expenses on your folio first from non-refundable OBC and then refundable OBC to settle your account.  If you have any refundable OBC left after balancing out your account, it will be refunded to you by check  later in a somewhat non-descriptive white envelope.  It has to be for more than $25 I believe.  I seem to always spend mine and end up with the balance being charged to my credit card.   🙄

Edited by satxdiver
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Does Princess take gratuities etc., out of non-refundable OBC first?  If so, and one has military credit, will it really be refunded to you?  Do you receive a check after the cruise?

Yes, it will come out of non-refundable first and yes the military will be refunded to you (mine/my wife's have been received anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks after the cruise.)  I suspect that the time till you get it depends on workload at the 3rd party that handles it for Princess. We've gotten checks for anywhere from $20 or so up to $499. (We've been really lucky on getting some cruises with fantastic amounts of OBC on occasion!)

Oh, the company who handles the refunds for Princess is Bottomline Technologies.

Tom

Technically there is a single total to start. At the end of the cruise you will receive a refund up to the total of the refundable credit. Unless they have changed it there is a "nr" next to non refundable credit on your statement. There is nothing on the statement telling you which pool of money an expense comes from.

13 minutes ago, denmarks said:

Technically there is a single total to start. At the end of the cruise you will receive a refund up to the total of the refundable credit. Unless they have changed it there is a "nr" next to non refundable credit on your statement. There is nothing on the statement telling you which pool of money an expense comes from.

At the bottom of the Stateroom Account are balance details of refundable and non-refundable credits.

When I look at my account, it says to enjoy the OBC because they are not refundable. 

INVOICE

For passengers who have booked with us, you can view your invoice here. If there are any discrepancies, please call 1-800-PRINCESS.

ONBOARD CREDITS FOR THIS BOOKING
  MRS.XX MR. XX TOTAL
* Please enjoy using these credits onboard as they are not refundable.
REFERRAL REWARDS $25.00 $0.00 $25.00
MILITARY BENEFITS $0.00 $100.00 $100.00
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:49 PM, travellingnana said:

Does Princess take gratuities etc., out of non-refundable OBC first?  If so, and one has military credit, will it really be refunded to you?  Do you receive a check after the cruise?

Yes they will use up non refundable OBC first.

For the military OBC refund yes you will receive a check several weeks after your cruise.

7 minutes ago, TakeMeAway1001 said:

When I look at my account, it says to enjoy the OBC because they are not refundable. 

INVOICE

For passengers who have booked with us, you can view your invoice here. If there are any discrepancies, please call 1-800-PRINCESS.

ONBOARD CREDITS FOR THIS BOOKING
  MRS.XX MR. XX TOTAL
* Please enjoy using these credits onboard as they are not refundable.
REFERRAL REWARDS $25.00 $0.00 $25.00
MILITARY BENEFITS $0.00 $100.00 $100.00

Notice the *. Only starred entries are not refundable. See below.

temp.jpg

• Like 1