Confused about dining times - where and when?

Heather1972

Help this "I prefer to eat when I want, but will choose early if I'm forced to" new to MSC cruiser. I chose early dining, but what does that really mean? I have fantastica experience on Meraviglia.

Edited by Heather1972

26 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

Help this "I prefer to eat when I want, but will choose early if I'm forced to" new to MSC cruiser. I chose early dining, but what does that really mean? I have fantastica experience on Meraviglia.

26 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

I think I have replied to this for you on FB.

3 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

fantastica does not get to choose when to dine. “Anytime” or “mytime” dining is only offered for aurua or yc. Early seating on fantastica in the Caribbean is 5:15 or 5:30 depending on which dining room you are assigned. On Fantastica, they will try to give you the time you selected but even that isn’t guaranteed. 

Does Fantastica experience eat with others in fantastica, or with bella too?  Does each experience get a different dining room?  Is it worth it to go fantastica vs bella?  Sorry, it's my first time and I'm not sure if there are really any benefits to "Fantastica" (we don't really use room service).  I'm currently booked in "Fantastica".

These are the advantages of Fantastica:
* Free delivery of continental breakfast to your cabin possible

* Free photo from 1 night at the MDR. You CANNOT choose the night, ask which night it is on your cruise, otherwise you will miss.

* Cabins on higher decks

* Some free extra activities in the kids club

* More Voyager Points

The priority for the time slot  at the MDR is questionable, in theory it exists. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lakelivin2 said:

Does Fantastica experience eat with others in fantastica, or with bella too?  Does each experience get a different dining room?  Is it worth it to go fantastica vs bella?  Sorry, it's my first time and I'm not sure if there are really any benefits to "Fantastica" (we don't really use room service).  I'm currently booked in "Fantastica".

I think Aurea have a separate area on some ships  but apart from that everyone sits together you could have a Fantastica grade sitting at the same table as a Bella

• Thanks 1

I see different answers to this everywhere. I get that I have early dining. But I don't get if that's at a certain time and when OR do I have flexi dining, but during an early time frame? lus how does this work if I cruise with someone where I've linked our reservations together?

Edited by Heather1972

Bella and Fantastica will eat at a selected set dining time.  You show up at that time, after 15 minutes they close the doors and you miss eating if you are not there.  Fantastica only gives you a better chance to get the dining time you select, early or late.  If you link your cabins, they will make sure you are all seated together at the same time.

10 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

I see different answers to this everywhere. I get that I have early dining. But I don't get if that's at a certain time and when OR do I have flexi dining, but during an early time frame? lus how does this work if I cruise with someone where I've linked our reservations together?

You have a set time, set table, set wait staff.  You go at that time (within 10-15 is the most for leeway) otherwise, you'll eat elsewhere.  

If your reservations are linked, you'll all get assigned the same dining time. That's the plan anyways, occasionally there's mistakes. If you're not assigned together, go see the maitre'd as soon as possible (time will be listed in daily program) and they'll sort it out, as soon as they can. May take a night to sort out.