YC Drink Package need advice

Jruns

My husband and I  and my daughter (over 21) will be in a deluxe suite in the yacht club  and I don’t know if the drink package includes my daughter or if we need to purchase one for her?  We haven’t been told she isn’t included but we did get charged slightly less for a 3rd guest.  We will be on the MSC divina and I would order it ahead of time if she isn’t included and save the extra 15% fee onboard!  Can anyone answer?  Also, if we want to upgrade to the premium plus is that possible and when do we do that?

Your daughter will be included and receive the same drink package as you and your husband. 

It is possible to upgrade to the premium plus package in the USA (unfortunately at present not in the UK). If you decide to upgrade it is better to do it prior to boarding as it will be cheaper.

Your YC Booking should come with the 'YC Experience' which is basically the equivalent of the Premium Package for all guests in the room.

As is now standard across all lines, if you are going to upgrade the drink plan for one person, all people sailing in that room must be upgraded as well.  You can thank those who abused this by upgrading only one person and ordering all drinks for the week on that plan for that.

2 hours ago, Beardface said:

As is now standard across all lines, if you are going to upgrade the drink plan for one person, all people sailing in that room must be upgraded as well.  You can thank those who abused this by upgrading only one person and ordering all drinks for the week on that plan for that.

That is not true, in relation to drink plan upgrades, but is for purchasing a drinks plan.....there is a difference between those two scenarios. 😉

46 minutes ago, hamrag said:

That is not true, in relation to drink plan upgrades, but is for purchasing a drinks plan.....there is a difference between those two scenarios. 😉

Methinks you may have had a bit too much whisky (since you are Scottish, I'll spell it that way!).  As you reminded me once, "Get your facts together."  The all or none applies to initial purchase and upgrade situations equally.  If you try and upgrade only person, MSC will not process it, at least in the US, and at least if you try and do it as a pre-purchase.  MSC site states booking of the package, not the purchase. 😉

Premium Package

All Drinks Priced Up to $12!

Adult: $62 per person / per day* (21 and older)
Child: $29 per person / per day* (12 - 20 yrs. old)
Child: $17 per person / per day* (3 -11 yrs. old)

The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same stateroom or traveling together, including minors who must book the child version of the package (Non-alcohol package for children)

Edited by JAGR

8 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Methinks you may have had a bit too much whisky (since you are Scottish, I'll spell it that way!).  As you reminded me once, "Get your facts together."  The all or none applies to initial purchase and upgrade situations equally.  If you try and upgrade only person, MSC will not process it, at least in the US, and at least if you try and do it as a pre-purchase.  MSC site states booking of the package, not the purchase. 😉

Premium Package

All Drinks Priced Up to $12!

Adult: $62 per person / per day* (21 and older)
Child: $29 per person / per day* (12 - 20 yrs. old)
Child: $17 per person / per day* (3 -11 yrs. old)

The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same stateroom or traveling together, including minors who must book the child version of the package (Non-alcohol package for children)

OK, I honestly do not recall writing such.....however, now is the time so I will 'get your facts together'.

I know full well that is the MSC policy...do lay your whiskey aside, and read the first 7 words of the post I was responding to...it is not standard across ALL lines!! 😉