What deck do you prefer on the Dream?

aknguyen

What about Panorama, one level above Lido? There's not much left on Lido and I looked up the locations and they're all in the VERY front of the ship. I'm slightly concerned with seasickness since seas can be rough in January.

I've been on the Dream 4 times, the last three all in the same cabin - all the way aft on Deck 9. I loved being able to walk out my cabin door and be a few steps away from the stairway that put me out right in the buffet area. It made it so easy and convenient to just run up and grab a cup of water or a quick snack.

We are booked on a cove (though not under the gallery). I actually got an offer to upgrade to a regular balcony and decided against it since I like the idea of shade and being close to the water. 

• Like 1

Deck 11 on the Dream would be my go too.  Especially the Cloud 9 cabins.  With the front of deck 11, you can get other rooms, or parts of the spa above you.  You also end up with rooms below you so noise is not bad.  They have covered balconies, which deck 12 would not have.  You also have the spa elevator that goes from 11-15 in the front.  It is one flight of stairs down to the Lido and one flight up to the spa.

18 hours ago, justacrusin said:

We have sailed on her twice and both times had deck 8 aft.  Two floors down the Lido, and deck 7 and 9 are both all cabins!  Loved it!

This is the exact reason why I chose deck 8. It’s sandwiched between 2 cabin decks

• Like 1

First choice - Riviera Deck 1 Oceanview (6A) or Porthole (PT) - - most cabin space of any standard stateroom and usually a bargain. Keep in mind, these are not the Deluxe Oceanview (6L, 6M, or 6N) - which have 2 bathrooms that take up way too much space.

My second choice would be Lido deck midship balcony (8F) - these rooms are quiet for their location and extremely convenient to everything on the top decks.

Just got off the Dream today. We had Deck 8 middle. We were by elevators that conveniently came out just around the corner from Ocean's Plaza (where they host trivia and live music) and Deck 5 outside access/hot tubs. Our rooms were very quiet, but FYI, the interior rooms are very small on the Dream, and the ship itself was a bit shabby (broken mirror in the elevator, smelly mattresses in one of group's rooms, missing light bulbs, etc.). We also chose the ship based on the date, but I wouldn't sail on her again.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mary Louise said:

I just booked midship deck 6. What are the pros and cons?

Hot tubs and promenade noises because it is one deck above those.  Deck 8 was our favorite (had been there 3 times), it has passenger deck above and below.

Cheers

On 11/6/2019 at 12:49 PM, bury me at sea said:

On the Dream class I would book anywhere except deck 6 and a cove under the galley.

Funny, we were on deck 6 at the very front “obstructed view window interior” and while the promenade wraps around, I hardly ever saw anyone on our “private” balcony. We did have to go out a door or two, but having that quick access deck to watch us pulling into Montego Bay was fun.